Abi's Community Column

0 Conversations

We start this week with news to warm the cockles of your heart! Have you heard that we have had another h2g2 wedding? Shea and TJ tied the knot last Saturday and there is still time to sign their card. Congratulations from all us here in the Towers.

I have to apologise for the lack of a column last week. An upset stomach left me at home with only David Dickinson for company. The highlight of this week was a chance to have a nose round the back garden of the Buckingham Palace. Surrounded by flunkies, I remembered the article on How to work for the Queen. Accompanying my Dad to a Garden Party, I was particularly impressed by the cakes, which were small dainty and nicely bite-sized. My baking skills are marginal so perhaps I should try our recipe for yoghurt cake.

Enough about me! What have you been up to this week? Well I will tell you. It has been particularly busy in Ask h2g2 with all the usual informative and sometimes downright nutty conversations! One of the questions that I would love to be faced with is What can I do all summer? Unfortunately quite a few months of being stuck in an office is my only option. That and examining the contents of my handbag for the What's in your handbag conversation. No flying off to sunny climes for me, though by the look of the conversation entitled Air Travel Aversion some of you may be holidaying nearer home this year!

I have a delicate stomach and it doesn't take much to put me off my food. I have lost my appetite for Thai cusine ever since I read a particularly enlightening entry on Eating Insects in Thailand. What appeals to me more are Cheesman's Gerbils - true gerbils unlike the ones you find in petshops, which are called gerbils but confusingly are actually jirds. While researching the related BBC links for that particular entry I was enchanted to find out about how MI5 wanted to use a team of gerbils in covert operations. Unfortunately, Cheesman's are quite hard to get hold of in this country as, being puritanical beasts, they are quite happy to live together but not to breed. Perhaps I will keep Fugu Fish instead!

On a final note, it is only a week until the Summer Party. We are trying not to panic! Honestly. I am off to organise the pub quiz with Jimster


Abi


11.07.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A783434

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more