A Conversation for Motorcycling Superheroes - the Role-Playing Game

Parity wishes to join

Post 1

Pond_Rat [life is weird - laugh at it.]

==== Character Sheet ====

NAME: Parity

BIKE: BMW 650 Dakar Winner With tri-set paniers detachable.

PROFESSION: Mr Fix-It [ if it's electrical or mechanical I can make it work! ]

SUPER-POWER: FTL The ability to travel faster than light with anything I am holding, wearing, or attached to including my bike. Unfortunately limited to short time intervals of not more than a few minutes. A Power that is most usually noticed in body movements - where the hand is litterally quicker than the eye smiley - huh

BASE: The Cliffs of Scarborough overlooking the Oceans (just a short, yet incredibly scenic, ride south of Sydney). A private retreat on a few secluded acres of mostly untouched Australian bush.

EQUIPMENT:
On person - (spread throughout pockets of leathers and on belt, in boots etc): Compass, Knife, Keys, Scissors, Pipe, Loose Change, Wallet, Mobile Phone, Snub-nose 38 revolver.

Top-Box: Fishing line and assorted tackle, Laptop Computer with connection for mobile phone, tool kit #2 (#1 is in the bike's tool box of course smiley - tongueout) #2 weighs considerably more and contains a more complete set of sockets, screw-drives, pliers, hammer, lock-picking tools, tweasers and many other wonderous *toys*.

Left Panier: Tent, Tomahawk, Cooking utensils and cutlery, Cross-bow and bolts.

Right Panier: Sleeping bag, Spare denims, Beannie, Baretta 9mm and spare clip.

Tank Bag: Extra Jumper, Torch, Maps: Complete NSW Road Atlas and a map of Australian Highways, munchies, swiss-army knife, stubbie-holder*, pen, pad, spare rounds for 38, Towel.

* A stubbie-holder is a device for keeping one's drink -usually beer- away from the heat of your hand...


== Optional extras ==
[ aka Stuff at Base ]
Complete underground workshop - spaces for a dozen bikes, (4 of which are usually filled with the bikes I'm not currently riding smiley - biggrin)
full length work bench along one wall and all the tools you could need.

Assorted Aromoury - From high-tech espionage devices and out-right *Kill-em* type guns smiley - cool


Parity wishes to join

Post 2

BadZen

Welcome to the game smiley - smiley

It'll be starting soon, just a bit more work to do...I'll let you know when it's safe to join the game conversation.

smiley - cheers


Parity wishes to join

Post 3

Pond_Rat [life is weird - laugh at it.]

Cool. Looking forward to it smiley - biggrin

I'll try to be reasonable with the gadgets I pull out of either the tool-box's *wonderous toys* or the base's *assorted armoury* smiley - cool


Parity wishes to join

Post 4

BadZen

I'm very sorry PR, but I have to put the game on hold. I can't find the stuff I've written, and am having technical difficulties with my comp.

Sorry again.




Parity wishes to join

Post 5

Pond_Rat [life is weird - laugh at it.]

No worries sad-smiley - zen heheehee I can wait.


Game starting :-)

Post 6

BadZen

Howdy, I've started to get it together - would you still like to play?

If so, check for the updated 'The Game' conversation shortly.

Oh, and your superpower has a bit of a downside - whenever you go faster-than-light with your whole body for longer than 5 seconds, you'll need to roll imaginary percentile dice - and if I then roll within 5 percent of you, you'll be incapacitated for a while with a kind of FTL travel sickness.

(so if you roll a 20 and I roll between 15 and 25, you will be incapacitated)

smiley - cheers


Game starting :-)

Post 7

Pond_Rat [life is weird - laugh at it.]

Sounds emminently fair to me smiley - cool I had thought of suggesting such a limit, but hadn't thought it through that well.

* 5 seconds at FTL is a fair distance - might want to throw a location pobability in there too, ie: I don't always end-up where I'd hoped/expectd to..? *


Game starting :-)

Post 8

Pond_Rat [life is weird - laugh at it.]

Questions.

How do the locals arrive? eg: As the limousine pulls away from the red carpet, another slides into it's place....


I for won't be flying in with the rest of 'em on the 'jet', from my Base.

When we reply it'll show our H2G2 names not our 'game' names..?


Game starting :-)

Post 9

BadZen

Just put your game name at the top of the post, and feel free to introduce yourself to the others.

Parity:

blah blah blah

etc smiley - biggrin


Ah, yes, a limousine will be sent to you, sir smiley - smiley


Game starting :-)

Post 10

BadZen

Form Letter:

I've got so many people to apologise to that I'm copying this to everyone. Due to dramas in my RL, I've been unable to fulfill my online obligations.

This also means that I will have to cancel the game. Sorry for stuffing everyone around.

Talk to you soon
BadZen


Key: Complain about this post