A Conversation for The h2g2 Mercenaries:: the official line

Need a bounty hunter?

Post 1

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*A figure dressed in green camoflague walks casually into the room. He carries two silver pistols, and a Colt SAA (a revolver).*
[Quicksilver] Hey there. Name's Quicksilver, sharpshooter extraordinaire!
*Spins his pistols for effect.*
You need this 'Cap'n Venom found? Well, if I can't find him, no-one can! I work for VIPER (A699267), so if you have any questions about my services, ask Fester, 'k?


Need a bounty hunter?

Post 2

njan (afh)

For the record, Captain Venom is currently on a spacestation of his own design which is surrounded by approximately 10,000 culture (mercenary-aligned) Rapid Offensive Units, not to mention the systems vehicles, orbitals, and other associated vessels (contact and otherwise) constituting the makeshift task force. The vessels are tied into an energy grid system to Captain Venom's vessel, and anticipating his surrender soon, having posited the fact that it is, in fact, impossible for him to manoever his ship such that he is not surrounded by the aforementioned vessels.

However, your offer is respectfully declined, and the mercenaries send their sincerest regards to you, in the hope that we may do business in future.

Your organisation has been inspected by the mercenaries and is deemed to be honourable. We hope that our paths may cross, and our motives align. *njan bows, ceremonial greetings sword by his side*


Need a bounty hunter?

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Quicksilver] Ah well, I c'n always find work elsewhere...


Need a bounty hunter?

Post 4

njan (afh)

*smiles*

taken kindly in spirit as your offer is, it does also have to be said that trying to sell a bounty hunter's trade to a group of mercenaries strikes me as being poignantly tinged with a sense of selling coals to Newcastle. smiley - smiley


Need a bounty hunter?

Post 5

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Cocks his pistols*
[Quicksilver] Well... Mercs are hired help, dogs of war, and so on. I, on the other hand, am a specialist.


Need a bounty hunter?

Post 6

njan (afh)

Not at all, the mercenaries are a group of specialists.

Krans is a target shooter (in real life, we are both), Doikk is heavy weapons, I specialise also in CQB, Axe is our backup sniper, Yowzupman is an explosives engineer... we are banded together for specialisation's sake.

*njan takes out his matching pair of black Sig p220s, field strips them, greases them, and repositions them in their holsters*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more