A Conversation for Swords of Power - The Tolkien Collection

Andúril

Post 1

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

You might have mentioned that Narsil cut the Ring from Sauron's hand.


Andúril

Post 2

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Picky smiley - winkeye


Andúril

Post 3

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

Very picky. And I think Elvish blades glow blue when evil is near.


Andúril

Post 4

Anglachel

Not all elvish blades glowed blue, if they glowed at all. Glamdring did glow with the presence of evil, but the color varied from a white glow to blue, and the same with sting. the color of the luminescence was probably up to the bladesmith, and i think the elves had more imagination that to make ALL of them glow the same color. Sting, Glamdring, Anduril (which shone with a white and red flame), and Gurthang(who, though black, did have glowing edges) were the only swords that made thier own light. Elvish swords were of excellent craftmanship, but i doubt they ALL glowed... Sting and Glamdring were probably "special" blades.


Andúril

Post 5

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

I should reread LotR on this, but I think it's suggested somewhere thatall elvish blades glow. Not really sure, though.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Swords of Power - The Tolkien Collection

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more