Heroes of Legend: A Fantasy RPG.

1 Conversation

I'd Like to thank Games Workshop, Nintendo's Zelda series, Squaresoft's Final Fantasy series and JRR Tolkein, who's contributions to the fantasy world have greatly (and blatantly) infulenced this Fantasy Adventure. And also Tal'Set, without whom this game would be a whole lot smaller.


Welcome to Heroes of Legend, a Fantasy RPG game of (eventually) epic proportions! Here you will be told the background history of the world in which this RPG takes place. Now the background should be viewed in two ways: 1) It is immutable, unchangeable and absolutely right, and 2) The fact that the world is flat was also, immutable, unchangeable and absolutely right. In other words, unless told otherwise, assume the background info is accurate. Be sure to check up here from time to time, as the players themselves may change the face of the world, or even history itself...


The world is split into three distinct areas, the Old World, Middle Earth and the New Lands.


As a side note: If anyone feels that something needs removing, or indeed if something is missing, tell me and I'll see what I can do. I'd like to think that this could become an RPG that is run by the players, not just by me. Now, read on...

The Old World


The Old World, as its name suggests, is old. It was here that the Eldar first settled, bringing enlightenment to what was a land of Orcs, daemons and death. Sadly, they fell from power, leaving there lesser kin, the Elves, behind in there place. Dwarfs also prospered here, but are now becoming rare, and are found only in the World's Edge Mountains. The Old World is now ruled by men of various races, which will be detailed later. The main enemies of the old world are Orcs and Goblins, as well as Beastmen (weird human-animal hybrids that worship Chaos), Skaven (weird ratmen who worship Chaos) Chaos (humans who worship Chaos) and, in the far south Undead (think The Mummy).

Middle Earth


Middle Earth is the central continent of the world, and is home to many dark creatures, such as the Vampires (Dracula-like people who can summon undead warriors) and the Dark Elves (Elves who became evil). However, there are still some races who are not so evil, the Tau being an example of this, while the Kroot are somewhere in between...

The New Lands


Also known as the New Havens. This land is, like everywhere else, home to Orcs and Goblins. It is also home to Elves, Dwarfs and Men who where otherwise believed lost in the mists of time...


That's all you'll learn here, the rest you must learn for yourself. It is upto you to choose your path, to create your characters and to live out your adventures. However, I ask that you sign the roster and list any new characters there. I'll do my best to reccomend where they will do best.


If you still need some information on the races before choosing a character, then go to Races of The World.


For anyone interested in the history of Gaia, the world where this game is based, feel free to check The Timeline.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A755129

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more