This week we feature a recipe from Morally Challenged Banana.
We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright.
Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.
Really Hot Beef Curry
'This beef curry will blow your mind!!! This is not a dish for the faint hearted. Go on and make it if you think you're hard enough.....'
- 500g Rump Steak cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic crushed
- 5 tsp Hot Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 pint of boiling water
- 1 heaped tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot on a high heat, fry together the steak, onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the two spices and continue to cook until the spices are almost burnt.
- Cover all the contents of the pot with boiling water (about a pint) and throw in the stock cube stir everything together.
- Add the tomato puree and lemon juice and stir the pot again.
- Bring it all to the boil add salt and pepper if required then reduce the heat and allow the ingredients to simmer together.
- Continue to cook everything until you have what looks like a curry in the pot. This should take about 1 hour 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with cooked rice and anything else you normally have with a curry.