A Conversation for The VSC World Cup 2002 Zone

Well Done Sweden!

Post 1

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Now England have beaten Argentina, I can afford to feel magnanimous and say well done Sweden! Coming back from behind twice, playing some good football, and nearly scoring the coolest own goal I've ever seen against Nigeria. (defender clears against another defender standing right in front of him, ricochets off the second defender and against the post!)

I think they deserve to qualify, and I'd love to see them beat Argentina (with goals from Alexandersson and Lideroth, naturally...)

Otto


Well Done Sweden!

Post 2

Ste

That would have been bloody hilarious if that pinball-in-the-box attempt at a clearance would have gone in. Shame smiley - winkeye


Well Done Sweden!

Post 3

Ormondroyd

I agree, Otto. Sweden are a good, entertaining side. I've tipped Argentina to win the Cup in the Fantasy Football League, but I'd still be happy to see Sweden beat them and knock them out of the Cup.

Why Alexandersson and Lideroth in particular? Do they play for the club you support?


Well Done Sweden!

Post 4

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Only occassionally!

Linderoth in particular hasn't been given much of a chance at Everton so far, but I hope he will next season. Alexandersson showed against England what he can do, but does only rarely for Everton. Perhaps with Walter Smith out of the way, he'll fulfill his potential....

Otto


Well Done Sweden!

Post 5

egon

Alexandersson's shown some frustrating snippets at what he can do in a couple of Everton matches, but hopefully the two of them can come good next year.


Sweden!!

Post 6

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")



Well done again, Sweden!!

"And it's bye bye Batistuta!" -: John "Motty" Motson, BBC1, 12th June 2002.

The following entry sums things up:

A287255


Otto.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more