A Conversation for Sciences and Technologies

Ship Types

Post 1

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Some ship types for you:
RAPIER: The Rapier is a high speed, highly maneuverable but lightly armoured fighter. It has one crewman (Pilot) and an impressive sensor array, far superior to any equivalent craft. Its weaponry consists of a nose mounted Barrage Cannon, two Motion Missiles mounted under the wings, and a hull-mounted Plasma Torpedo. However, with the introduction of the Corvette Recconnesance Gunship, and the upgrades to the Dark Angel Interceptor, the Rapier is now rarely used by Serious Military forces, and is only favoured by Veteral pilots, mercenaries or pirate forces, due to its ease of maintainence and Hit And Run capabilities.
CORVETTE: The Corvette is a medium sized four man Gunship (Pilot, Comms-Officer, Science Officer and Tail Gunner) used by the Federation. It is armed with a rear-mounted twin-linked Autocannon, two nose mounted Heavy Pulse Lasers and a powerful sheild array. It is primarily used as a Recconnasance ship, as it has no anti-fleet weaponry, but can be modified to carry upto 8,000lbs of ordnance.
the Crovette, dispite its armament, is primarily used in non-hostile situations, scouting uncharted planets and simmilar. However, many Corvettes on the Outer Western Quadrent of the galaxy have been heavily modified due to the increased Minion threat...


Ship Types

Post 2

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

KATANA: A varient on the Rapier. The Barrage Cannon is removed, creating a sleeker looking vessel with two nose mounted plasma cannons. It is primarily designed to take out armoured targets that a Rapier would otherwise strugle to destroy alone. Mainly found in squadrons anticipating Minion attackers.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sciences and Technologies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more