A Conversation for To the Edited Guide

Peer Review: A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 1

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

Entry: Rush, Arkansas, USA - A723881
Author: Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron - U35376

Rush is a tiny little ghost town in northern Arkansas. The remnants of the town aren't much larger than the entry.


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 2

Jimi X

Nice little entry! smiley - smiley

Is there any reason to go there, or is it simply an abandoned town in the midst of this state park?

Also, perhaps a link to A540514 - Ghost Towns?

Nice one!

smiley - cheers

- Jimi X


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 3

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

It's just a neat little old ghost town in the midst of the Ozarks. The Buffalo National River is actually part of the National Park system.

The most likely reason to go there is to put into the river. I doubt that many people will go there just to see the old houses.

I'll add the one link.


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 4

Peach Fuzz

Rush Arkansas is a neat place to see a little bit of the past. There aren't many ghost towns in Arkansas so this is really special. It's a good, out of the way, place to take a picnic and the kids. A creek flows by the old town and just down the way is the Buffalo River. It's just a few miles from Harrison AR which is 30 miles south of Branson Missouri--that means there is a lot of different things to see in the area. This year has been exceptionally beautiful in the Ozarks because of all the rain. The trees are soooo green and flowers are blooming every where. If it stays this nice all summer (meaning no drought) we will have one of those spectacular falls with color that will compete with the forests further east. I just LOVE living here. :^)


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 5

Ashley


Great entry Two-bit. Just one nitpick, the sentence:

'The Morning Star Mine was the discovered the first ore.'

... should maybe be:

'The Morning Star Mine discovered the first ore.' or 'The Morning Star Mine was the first mine to disover the ore.'

As I say, really minor. smiley - smiley

Thanks for a great read.


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 6

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

It's fixed.


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 7

Jimi X

I should have some picks again in a week or so...

*bangs pots and pans together to attract a Scout's attention*

smiley - winkeye


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 8

Friar

Great read.

I love that you kept the entry short. It's really nicely written and well focused. Kudos.

two little blips though, I may be wrong about one and the other is only opinion:
1)Footnotes. Aren't they supposed to appear imediately before the period*(or other end punctuation? As opposed to* entred in the middle of a sentence.
2)The end seemed a little clipped. I don't know how to begin to suggest a conclusion for such a tight piece of writing, but I kinda felt that a little softer ending would work. I realize we're not creating "Our Town" here, so I may be way off.

Great writing.

Friar


A723881 - Rush, Arkansas, USA

Post 9

Ausnahmsweise, wie üblich (Consistently inconsistent)

I think I may have placed footnotes in mid-sentence before. If it's the word and not the whole sentence or phrase that needs the footnote, I think it's OK.


Otherwise, a fine little entry.

Awu


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

Jimi X

smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for To the Edited Guide

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more