A Conversation for Cockroach

lino floors

Post 1

Haze: Plan C seems to be working

And where are they supposed to scuttle? Rubble is a terrible surface to scuttle on. Marble is the supreme scuttling surface, but, being prohibitively expensive, marble-patterned linoleum is acceptable.


lino floors

Post 2

Gleemonger

Cockroaches? Ewww! I hate them! But I did see a doco on insects a little while back which said that cockies have a top "scuttling speed" of 2 miles-per-hour. That's pretty impressive for such an ugly beastie.

Some years ago I was at a former friend's house when a large (1.5" at least) cockroach suddenly flew headfirst into my coffee. My friend's 4yo son rushed into the room a moment later, looking for his *ahem* pet. "Goodness," said Diane, "that roach was big enough to be a mousie's surfboard!" I was not impressed. Neither was her son, but for different reasons.


lino floors

Post 3

Haze: Plan C seems to be working

Did the burst of caffeine increase scuttling speed at all, or did it just swim really fast around the cup?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more