A Conversation for Talking Point: The Future of Pop Music

Lolita and the computer

Post 1

Mulder

It looks to me like the future holds only two things in store for the pop music biz.

1) Twelve year old girls wheeled out as superstars, forced to wear increasingly inappropriate clothing and act in a highly sexualised manner.

2) Music made entirely by record company computer programmers, with no artists, just "virtual bands", with anime videos.

It will be like Fahrenheit 451, music fans forced to memorise their fave tunes to avoid them being destroyed. But i may be going a little too far...


Lolita and the computer

Post 2

nullspace

May I suggest:

3) Small groups of people, having discovered that they can create (and improve) their own music, will offer their work to musical 'guild-house' web pages. Popularity can easily be gauged by hit-counters, and the more successful groups can compile collections for commercial release. All without the pimp/prostitute relationships that $howbiz forces upon artists.

A perfect world, naturally...but with the details properly worked, it is feasible.

smiley - jestersmiley - skull


Key: Complain about this post

Lolita and the computer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more