A Conversation for Sweden

Sweden v Scotland

Post 1

belmar

Sweden sounds a lot like Scotland. We're well known for our alcohol, and the weather will keep you in conversations for weeks. We've had snow in June, suntans in December, and you can generally get weather beaten at any time of the year. To savour this wonder of nature, it's best to have a dog that likes to take walks in the cold and rain. That's the only way you can end up in the park to find brilliant sunshine, and no place to hang your thermals or waterproofs. Luckily you can comiserate with all the other dog walkers, and swap stories of all the numerous ways dogs find to make their owners look stupid.


Sweden v Scotland

Post 2

Jules

That might be true!
Sweden even matches you on the seamonster thing. We have our own beast living in "storsjön" (great-lake).


Sweden v Scotland

Post 3

belmar

Could be the same beast. Maybe "Nessie" travels through the underground waterways to "storsjön" to escape all those scientists frantically trying to prove her existance. Hmmm, must have a vodka or 10 and think about this.


Sweden v Scotland

Post 4

Jules

If you drink that much in scotland I'm not surprised you se monsters all over. Do you even like vodka over there? Thought you only drank warm, dark beer and scotch. Or am I mixing you up with the Irish?
I would really like to visit Scotland some day. I would like to learn to speak english with that very beautiful accent of yours. Tell me, when is the next Jazz Festival over there?


Sweden v Scotland

Post 5

belmar

You've just missed the Leith Jazz Festival, but the Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival is on at the beginning of August. Check out www.edinburghfestivals.co.uk for more info


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more