A Conversation for DIET is a Four Letter Word

thanks...

Post 1

miserycord

I'm going to keep coming back here when my resistance crumbles! Lovely to read something balanced and health orientated rather than faddy. I've been trying to eat healthier and exercise more while various colleagues/friends try this fad or that one and over 4 months I've lost more than them. Too dramatic a change in diet can't be maintained (unless you have far more will power than average!).

People who don't want to, or can't afford to join slimming clubs can get a great deal of support online. I find it easier to vent or confess lapses in the anonymity of cyberspace than facing someone I see everyday!

smiley - smiley


thanks...

Post 2

Conceited Little Megapuppy - Inbound traveller and Unas Matriarch

I'm glad you found my scribblings helpful!

They need a bit of updating really, as I've now reached my target weight (see - it *can* be done!), and there's no way that works better than the 'change of overall lifestyle' route.

Fads are a waste of time and money, without doubt. Something like a milkshake/meal replacement is best left for emergency-swimwear-before-holiday-only-one-or-two-pounds-to-come-off sort of situations. It's a useless means of shedding pounds for more than that as it doesn't educate you in proper eating habits.

I love discussing things with people who agree with me!smiley - biggrin

Feel free to drop by when things get tough (or when things are going well - I celebrate as readily as I commiserate). If you haven't been by already, I suggest you visit my mate Kelli (U181082), who's lost a fantastic 70 pounds and is still beavering away at it.

See you soon.

smiley - dog


thanks...

Post 3

miserycord

Congratulations on reaching your target. Things are going very slowly for me at the mo', mostly because stress = chocolate and I've been very stressed lately, but am getting there with the more exercise thing and my eating is generally far healthier than it was 5 months ago. I'm seeing my GP later this week, as apparently some medication I'm on can affect metabolism and make it harder to lose weight (would feel slightly less useless if there was a genuine reason why my weight loss has stalled - but on the plus side my faddy friends are all back where they started after having initial great losses!)

I will drop by, hopefully with good news! smiley - biggrin


thanks...

Post 4

Conceited Little Megapuppy - Inbound traveller and Unas Matriarch

That shows them, then!

Things have been a bit on the stressful side for me recently as well (hence my absence from HooToo for the best part of a week) - and I think I've put on a bit again - so my Mum and I are going to restart our diary systems for a bit to stop the rot before it starts. I don't think I've put on a massive amount (though I will weigh myself tonight to either prove myself right or wrong!).

Plus I am going to *have* to get back to the gym...

Always best to keep on top of these things, methinks - though I wish I didn't have to. (sigh).

smiley - dog


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DIET is a Four Letter Word

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more