A Conversation for Talking Point: What do You Dream About?

A to Q, point by point +

Post 1

ITIWBS

Color or black and white:

Both, sometimes in the same dream. Also I dream in cartoon and technical drawing line diagramatics. Sometimes I dream in silhouettes. This last was conditioned by a period of my late preadolescent years during which I had serious problems of episodic blindness... consequence of an unusually difficult preadolescent adjustment crisis I eventually grew out of, related to echolation. The silhouettes are the same type generated by echolation (gray on gray).

Sound:

Yes. Music, voices, background noise.

Lucid dreaming:

Yes, buts its like winding a wind up toy, eventually an uncontrolled unwind must come.

Dream diary:

I don't keep a dream diary, but have had a habit since I was seven years of age of reviewing the events of the day before when I have a disturbing dream. Usually I find the conditioning stress in the events of the preceding day. For example, having dreams of going naked in a new school, thinking over the events of the day before, I remembered experiencing anxiety over difficulty finding some article of clothing I needed. I got into the habit of laying out my clothing the night before and haven't had a dream like that since. Occasionally I make a record of a dream I find unusually interesting.

Dream of a specific person:

Yes. Usually with unbidden accompaniments of other personalities.

Nightmares I can't wake up from:

Yes, related to a diagnosed problem of sleep paralysis. My neurologist tells me its not a serious problem.

Talking or walking in my sleep:

No.

Theme of especial interest to me: Dreams of Contraries. There is a lot of literature on them. I'm personally given to an interpretation founded on opponent process mechanisms of compensation.

Related interests: Oracles and Auguries. (Taken in terms of the mechanics of the phenomenology.)


Key: Complain about this post

A to Q, point by point +

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more