A Conversation for Talking Point: What do You Dream About?

that falling feeling.....

Post 1

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

someone may have said this already....appologies

i know i hve said this on h2g2 before but it should be said here too, so prepare yourslef of duplication


when you dream that you fall and then you jerk and wake your self up (or when you jerk and wake up for no reason but think you just landed hard on something) it is actually a hangover from being marine animals. it is an old instinct that jerks you into being awake when underwater so you return to the surface to breath. it is triggered by when your breathing slows too much so you jerk to remind yourself to breath again. some theories suggest this maybe linked to cot death and to other unexplained sleep deaths.

this theory could be rubbish, i forget where it came from now, but i find it quite interesting anyway.

FABT


that falling feeling.....

Post 2

ITIWBS

smiley - esuom...musical lyric of relevance to dreams of falling... "...got into a fight... ...I feel so broke up, I want to go home..."

See: F84785?thread=5319822

Favorite dreams: "...I dreamed I dwelt in marbled halls and woke to find it so..."
From a popular song of the late pre WW II era... Had that one myself, in San Francisco during the middle seventies... "...and woke to find it so..."

Once I had a black bookcase, 8' long x 6' high x 1' deep, set against a white plaster drywall. At the top was a niche 2" high which I took to placing small nic-naks in, an inch back from the edge, so they were partly in shadow. Though there were no glass animals in assemblage, I dreamed of a myriad of them set in it.smiley - mouse


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more