A Conversation for Talking Point: What do You Dream About?

Lucid dreaming

Post 21

Plastic Squirrel /Back, on the good foot, and doing the bad thing

Probably, but then I don't speak spanish and can't remember the exact spelling smiley - blush


Lucid dreaming

Post 22

milo

I have only had one lucid dream.

When I realised I had taken control I pushed my old maths teacher through a reinforced window and then woke up.


Lucid dreaming

Post 23

Dorian Gray

Thats rather violent.

Dorian


Lucid dreaming

Post 24

Estraven

Running and flying were recurring themes in my dreams since I was a kid, but then stopped a bit when I got into high school. I don't really have nightmares, but I would have dreams of being chased by people or things and I would keep running and running, but the scenery would go by reeeallly slow and my legs felt like they were stuck to the ground. This would go on and on, not very scary-like. I was lucid to the point that this wasn't how I really ran, and was annoyed that I moved like I was stuck in molasses.

I love my flying dreams. They were exactly like the rest of the postings...gravity drops away and you float upwards. The imagery is much like the movie "Waking Life." I would look up into the sky, or to the trees, and tell myself to fly. Sometimes I could propell myself by walking or running through the air, but mostly I could will myself to other places. I don't really remember ever landing back on the ground, though.

Does anybody else get a falling sensation when just about to fall asleep?


Lucid dreaming

Post 25

Dorian Gray

no but if i'm falling in a dream i rarely wake up before i hit the ground. it's a bizzar sensation to hit the ground in a dream. you should try it some time.

dorian


Lucid dreaming

Post 26

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I can remember plummeting *through* the ground and zooming about inside some rocks... smiley - weird

I haven't had many memorable dreams lately. I think the medication for my high blood pressure just screws up my sleep patterns too much. smiley - sleepy


Lucid dreaming

Post 27

milo

I've hit the ground once. Really freaked me out.

The most recent variety I've had of the falling dream was being in a car accelerating into a wall - had the exact same falling sensation.

I also had one with Alexi Sayle (of all people) chasing me around a big house.


Lucid dreaming

Post 28

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Alexi Sayle once spat on me. It wasn't a dream. smiley - yuk


Lucid dreaming

Post 29

Dorian Gray

ok, i have insomnia, a horrible condiction and i pity any one else who has it too. bad s**t.
anyway
because of this condiction there is times where i won't sleep for upwards of 50 or 60 hours, usually i read or watch a lot of DVDs, but that gets boring. and stairing at a ceiling is only fun for ten minutes. but thats not the point the point is i have had dreams while being awake. not just day dreams. one i remember was a few weeks ago at strider's house we were watching "minorty report" at 6:00ish in the morning (i had been up for just about 48 hours) and i remember hearing the audio for the movie but visual was gone and i was in a completely other world. i was "dreaming" about a tolkian style fantisy world with the minority reprt audio superinposed over the elves and orcs, really freaked me out.

dorian


Key: Complain about this post