A Conversation for The 2003 Hampshire Meet Up

THIS SUNDAY!!!!! :-)

Post 141

Purple Moose - He comes, he goes. But mainly the latter...

yes, right then we need excuses. Why did so little people turn up? we were expecting around 20. We got 6 researchers and a friend of BB's.
smiley - reindeer


THIS SUNDAY!!!!! :-)

Post 142

shrinkwrapped

I was there!

Oh no, wait, I intended to be but then it turned out that I was going to listen to a talk by John Stott, and see my friends who had returned from Uni...

Sorry guys. I'll be at another one soon though no doubt.


THIS SUNDAY!!!!! :-)

Post 143

Bluebottle

What, the John Stott?

I've written a report on the meet-up which will be in the post - I'll let you know where it is when I have finished it. smiley - smiley

<BB<


THIS SUNDAY!!!!! :-)

Post 144

shrinkwrapped

Yup, "the" John, may I say rather elderly, Stott. He certainly Has Views and Speaks His Mind, and he's a jolly good speaker.

I shall look forward to the write-up with breath.


THIS SUNDAY!!!!! :-)

Post 145

Yeliab {h2g2as}

is there one? There should be! smiley - doh

I am so sorry, and rather anoyed that I missed this meeting as I was around, how anoying that I didn't check my comments section.

I also went to see that Stott fellow on Friday at Boldrewood, he seemed quite good but managed to say a whole lot about just one sentence 'Jesus is Lord'.

Hello, MrT are you a SotonUniite too?

Appologies and I look forward to reading the writeup.
Nicksmiley - peacedove


THIS SUNDAY!!!!! :-)

Post 146

Bluebottle

Oh well - we'll have one next year, I expect. Hopefully with a few more people - my write-up will be in this week's post! (It would have been in the last one, but Shazz was away, alas...)

Mr T likes Bournemouth and Basingstoke, you know. He would have gone to Southampton, I suspect, had it begun with a B.

<BB<


THIS SUNDAY!!!!! :-)

Post 147

Ming Mang

Bouthampton?

¦M¦


Been and gone...

Post 148

Bluebottle

You never know...

<BB<


Been and gone...

Post 149

Happy Little Elf - Who's your favourite Dave?

Beach. that's starts with a B. They're really quite in winter you knwo.


Been and gone...

Post 150

Cardinal Noah (is now back!!!)

beaches are hooopy! smiley - biggrin


Been and gone...

Post 151

Ming Mang

They're marvellously quiet in winter. And you should try sitting on the top of a multistory car park watching huge waves crash over large flood walls. smiley - biggrin Brighton marina is a good place.

¦M¦


Been and gone...

Post 152

Bluebottle

The sea wall between Sandown and Shanklin can be quite spectacular too - and Blackgang Chine is famed for its spectacular cliff falls - among the most violent in the world.

<BB<


Been and gone...

Post 153

Ming Mang

Cool. smiley - biggrin

¦M¦


Been and gone...

Post 154

shrinkwrapped

Haha, Blackgang Chine was great, before it fell into the sea. It's still great now of course, but less so in proportion to the amount that fell into the sea.

That's the trouble with putting cliffs next to the sea - what a silly place to build them.


Been and gone...

Post 155

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Especailly those ones prone to falling in the sea. I guess it was just bad planning by allthose Magertathea folk. (Is Blackgang near Whale Chine? as I went clambering over a really fresh (less than a week old I suspect) one which was probably hightly silly but fantastic fun.)


Been and gone...

Post 156

Happy Little Elf - Who's your favourite Dave?

Yet again I've forggoten what I intended to say.


Been and gone...

Post 157

Bluebottle

Blackgang Chine is fairly near Whale Chine, yes. That coastline is very good for dinosaur fossil finding precisely because the very strong winds and waves erode the cliffs so frequently, uncovering the dinosaur fossils buried beneath.

<BB<


Been and gone...

Post 158

Purple Moose - He comes, he goes. But mainly the latter...

I remember Blackgang Chine, I went there as a kid...
smiley - reindeer


Been and gone...

Post 159

Bluebottle

If you remember it well, why not tell us all about it in these conversations. Go on, please do. If you don't want to write the same thing twice, just copy/paste it:
F88821?thread=192510
F48865?thread=181621

<BB<


So long...

Post 160

Happy Little Elf - Who's your favourite Dave?

Nice knowing you all. I'm leaving to join another converation namely the new meet-up one.


Key: Complain about this post