A Conversation for The Wessex Researchers Group

Talking About The Island

Post 1

Bluebottle

Are you from the Isle of Wight? Then let's talk about my home! I'm from Sandown, but I know the Island fairly well. At the moment I'm looking with great interest at the possibility of Le Cocq's using Bembridge Airport!

<BB<

Talking About The Island

Post 2

Cardinal Noah (is now back!!!)

when i was at junior school i had a top floor classroom, you could look out the window and see the IOW. i used to spend boring lessons just staring out the window, looking at it. and you can hear the fog horn from my house smiley - wow

Talking About The Island

Post 3

Bluebottle

What part of the Island would that be?

<BB<

Talking About The Island

Post 4

quite a bit of it really. the needles end

Talking About The Island

Post 5

Bluebottle

Ah. I live on the other side.

<BB<

Talking About The Island

Post 6

i've only been to that end a few times. i staed at Little Canada a few years ago smiley - biggrin

i thought you lived near Southampton smiley - huh

Talking About The Island

Post 7

Bluebottle

I'm currently staying in Southampton, in Swaythling to be precise, but no matter where I am or what I am doing, I will always live on the Isle of Wight. smiley - winkeye

<BB<

Talking About The Island

Post 8

ahhhh, i seeee smiley - winkeye

Talking About The Island

Post 9

Bluebottle

It is, afterall, my Home. smiley - smiley

<BB<

Talking About The Island

Post 10

we cycled past the ferry terminal in Lymington, and i thought of you! smiley - silly

Talking About The Island

Post 11

Bluebottle

Thanks for saying!
Not that I use the Lymington-Yarmouth that often, but its always nice to be thought of.

<BB<

Talking About The Island

Post 12

i think so smiley - biggrin

but usually people dont tell you they've been thinking about you (i can only guess this!) so...erm...darnnit i've lost the plot! i did know what i was going to say smiley - erm.....*looks confused*

Talking About The Island

Post 13

Bluebottle

Yes, but there are people, like parents, fiances etc., who you think about so often that it would be impossible to tell them about every time you thought of them as you would do nothing in your whole life except tell them that they were thought of smiley - winkeye

I wrote a bit about Blackgang Chine for the Theme Parks bit.

<BB<

Talking About The Island

Post 14

that's a very good point....i guess you could just tell them if you've been thinking about them more than often...

Key: Complain about this post