A Conversation for Tech-No-Babble

You think that's bad...

Post 1

King Cthulhu of Balwyniti

In Australia the situation is getting worse, rather than improving. The cheapest ADSL servie offered is currently $75 (about £27) for a 256/128 service with 500MB maximum downloads. My connection started off as $100 (about £36) a month for unlimited speed/downloads. Now, because of people downloading up to 60GB a month and restrictions on access to infrastructure, the price is up to $150 (about £54) for a 512/256 (though in reality they're not restricting the speed... so far smiley - winkeye) and 2GB downloads per month. This compares to $24.95 (about £9) for most 'unlimited' 56K modem plans.


You think that's bad...

Post 2

Area42 Researchers - Need Your Help

I feel for you, although the £9 a month for 56k seems quite good. When you consider all the lines are up and are reasonably cheap to maintain. Most prices are a rip off but I believe top companies should lead the way by offering smaller companies a good discount which will allow for a more realistic pricing structure.

aka vegimansmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more