Tech-No-Babble

2 Conversations

What a RIP-OFF

At the moment BT's broadband service is being called Europe's biggest broadband rip-off

At £30 per month it compares to £12 in Belgium, £14 in Spain, £18 in France... just to name a few.

BT's retail and wholesale ADSL prices are way above those in the rest of Europe, according to independent analysis from Point Topic.

Pipex has announced a price cracking £24.95 for their service which is nothing to do with any BT price cuts. They admit that it will make a loss on each customer.

The service is selling for £24.95 before VAT, or £29.31 including VAT per month, with free installation - the first to offer it below £30.

It has to pay BT Wholesale £25 per line, so the costs of all the additional services such as email servers, support, marketing and provisioning will effectively be paid for by Pipex.

They believe that BT prices must come down over the coming year and want to get a good customer base built. This way future profits wll be guaranteed.

Telewest were front runners in the UK but not everyone can get their service - they are £25 per month and at this time offer half price intallation. Still very high in price though compared to £12 in Belgium.

BT will be fighting back by offering the first 40,000 customers free installation and much lower prices. Better late than never. A saying that could be given to BT as a slogan.

Why is Britain always on top of the price league on new services? and why does it take so long to get a comparable price to our Europian Partners?

It is about time we were giving a fair deal on new launches of products and services. No wonder many do not take up intial offers - They are fed up with being RIPPED OFF.


vegiman


21.02.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A698691

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more