A Conversation for The birth of the universe

Brilliant

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

You should write for a living!
smiley - biggrin


Brilliant

Post 2

Highbrowser

Thanks.

May be you can explain to me, as I am new to h2g2, how you start a new converstaion on a subject, as you have done here.

Is it possible to categorise conversations?

I write a newsletter that goes out to friends and family once a week, on Monday evenings. If I want to add each week to the text that is now on h2g2, how should I do it? Just edit and add to the existing text or create new texts? What interests me is that, at first sight, there is an enormous depth of expertise on h2g2 on many of the subjects that I want to write about but where I am far from beingf an expert. I would like to get feedback from people who really know about their subjects so that I can incorporate this in what I write.

It is a kind of experiment in collaborative writing that I am interested in pursuing.


Brilliant

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I started this "thread" as your entry was "virginal" - it had not been posted to before.
At the bottom of your page {I'm in GOO, it may be different in the alab*ster skin} there is a link "Click here to be the first person to discuss this entry". I clicked it **& got a blank page and blank title**.
I typed "Brilliant" in the title box, and then typed my post, and posted.
smiley - smiley
All you had to do, was click reply.

To post to a page/entry that's already been posted to, just click the "New Conversation" link, and do as I did **here.

"Is it possible to categorise conversations?"
Do you mean all your conversations on h2g2?
If you are panicking about keeping track of all your conversations so far, don't worry.
All your conversations appear on your MP page, which is a clickable link on your user page {your Personal Space} it says "click here to see more conversations"
Your MP link is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/MP190068

I have that link on my "Links" part of my browser.
Just load the MP page, then click on the address panel with the left-mouse button, and "drag" it down to your links panel.
Then when you log onto the internet, you just click that and your MP page will load.

"If I want to add each week to the text that is now on h2g2, how should I do it?"
Your entry, just click "Edit this entry" under your name.
Then when you have added to it, click "preview" to check you've done the guide ML correctly, then "Update entry".

Unfortunately, you can't add to conversations once you have posted them, though you can post again.

I know about your newsletter as I have read your personal space, and I emailed you at the address you gave. smiley - smiley

If you have any questions at all which you would like to ask the whole community then post your question here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/Askh2g2 or http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Askh2g2 (if you're in that skin) then find the link "Click here to Discuss this Entry" in classic GOO it's just above the list of conversations.
Then do what I did here **

Every time someone else posts, the thread will be refreshed on your space, and you just click the link to read it.

If you wish to speak to a person at their personal space {i.e. me} then click on my name, and my page will load. Find the "Discuss this entry" button, click it and follow the same as here **

I hope this has helped.smiley - biggrin

If you are confused about anything, no matter how trivial, just ask, I remember how confusing this site was to me, when I first joined.
smiley - smiley



Brilliant

Post 4

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

It's the same in Alab*ster. smiley - biggrin

Whoami?
Minister for Alab*ster Blue-Green

This posting indicates no skin preference.


Brilliant

Post 5

Highbrowser

Yes, I must admit to having a slight weakness myself for the pure if somewhat austere tones of the Alabaster skin.


Brilliant

Post 6

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

Ooh - that's not something you want to admit to too readily - there's a very active portion of the community who are Goo-supporters. Anyway, we should be having a new skin eventually, which I've been told is really attractive...

Whoami? smiley - cake


Brilliant

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - headhurts

Each to his own.....smiley - winkeye

I'm the only researcher I know who has black GOO.
I've seen the blue GOO and it's beautiful.
I wish mine was blue.smiley - cry

smiley - wah


Brilliant

Post 8

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

AGB - It's your monitor or gfx card settings. have you tried adjusting these before? If so, then how old is the monitor???

Whoami? smiley - cake


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more