Roving Bands of Delinquent Proofreaders

4 Conversations

corrections bring freedom
The what? Roving Bands of Delinquent Proofreaders?


Yes, we comprise the Roving Band of Delinquent Proofreaders. We have taken it upon our selves to try to correct the injustices done the english language on H2G2. Many of the users on H2G2 are good and don't post a huge amount of typos, but for those who do, beware. We will simply leave you a little posting explaining your errors. And I quote, (from the founder) "English is something to be respected, our language has seen many revisions, but the current edition should be upheld."
Members (staff)
To date our list of members is small.



    Doug Pratty, Founder

  • Acting President, (unfilled)
Proceedure for Correcting Researcher Errors
Right since we have undertaken this rather large task of mantaining the English language, we should have a standard proceedure for the correction of grammatical errors. (This is just a prototype, feel free to comment on it.)



Subject of Post: Struck by a DP

First line: What's a DP goto A691698.

Tell them their errors.

And end with your position inside the RB of DP.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A691698

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more