A Conversation for Life's Little Mysteries

Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 1

Ancient Brit

Bel you may be old but I think that I am older.smiley - biggrin
Thanks for the link via a twitter direct email. Twitter is certainly interesting in that regard. No email addresses are revealed.
You made a distinction between the post team and the editors ( F18390178?thread=7848283#p102476087 )
Is it a coincidence that you are a pair of twitters?


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, sorry, I should have said h2g2 editors, also called Italics.

There are two of them, Sam and Zelmo Zale (aka Chris).

They do the h2g2 Front Page, accept the guide entries in Peer Review etc.

We (Post Team) do the editing and preparing of articles submitted to us, create the A pages, do the archiving etc.

Let me know how you get on with twitter. smiley - ok


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 3

Ancient Brit

I'm in there trying to make sense of it but I am not impressed, it's all a bit confusing. Twitter and Facebook are given more prominence on BBC web pages than is h2g2.
It must be said however that this thread evolved out of Twitter because our link there provoked an email pointing me to 'Life's Little Mysteries' your h2g2 guide entry that puts twitter into perspective for h2g2 researchers.
DNA magic has to be the envy of other community sites, the BBC exploited it in some of their own community sites, I got into trouble when I was examining it in it's early stages. My interest in Twitter is in a similar vein to see if there are their any features that can be exploited to make life on h2g2 any easier.
The only way of provoking an email from the BBC is to make a naughty posting smiley - biggrin
I lurk to learn as a hobby, always the newbie. smiley - biggrin

I'll try tweeking a link to this conversation on @AncientBrit smiley - ok


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 4

Ancient Brit

I should have put this link A68627703 for 'Life's Little Mysteries' in the post above.


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

I replied to you on twitter, but I still can't get into it.
Others live for Twitter, if their output is anything to go by, though. smiley - winkeye

Here is Rich's reply to my article: A69033828 (Life's little Mysteries - Solved)


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 6

Ancient Brit

As I see it Bel :- F17505674?thread=7859322&post=102674770#p102674770


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

That's an interesting thought, AB. I'm trying to follow Twitter now and then, but I guess it only makes sense if you take actively part.


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 8

astrolog

Isn't there an 'er' that should be left out at the end of the post?


Good - I thought it was my age :-)

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - huh

an er where?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more