A Conversation for The h2g2 Poem

rime

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Ho ho!
Some say that skill and originality of rime is the true test of a poet and I have to admire your abilities! You have ears!

Whatever the poetic-appreciation equivalent of LOL or ROFL might be (jaw dropping perhaps smiley - bigeyes) I have to admit that your rime of 'warn us' with 'corners' went off my usual scale for measuring creative genius. Very acoustic, very poetic.
smiley - cheers
~jwf~

Note: I always spell rime the way Chaucer did. He was after all the first great poet, even if he never had a rime for vinyl. smiley - winkeye


rime

Post 2

Pinniped


Hi ~jwf~

Those splendid-Post chaps seem to have excised the explanation of the poems origins, which can be seen here :
A5782502

So in fact there were three substantial contributors, and (I think) three more minor ones.

I can't claim any credit for either 'warn us/corners' or 'vaginal/vinyl'. My only personal tortured rhyme here is 'because it's/deposits'

I bet Chaucer was good at pub poetry.

Pinsmiley - smiley


rime

Post 3

Post Team

My apologies, Pin! I didn't realise that had been cut out. I will add it all back in now for completeness's sake.smiley - smiley

EMR


rime

Post 4

Post Team

There, is that better?


rime

Post 5

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

"Oh... I see", said the blinded man. Well now that it's all in the context of pub-poetry and is the result of a group-effort I can better understand the apparent wandering from the central theme and the occassional daring dip into the doggerelesque. But I still say that 'corners' and 'warn us' strikes a fully harmonic chord with me. In fact it has inspired me to ask h2g2 for more original rimes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F19585?thread=1464393 ~jwf~


rime

Post 6

YOGABIKER

smiley - applause

YB


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Poem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more