A Conversation for Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio

Warning

Post 1

Clay_Toy

Hi xyroth. This is a little 'unofficial warning' for you.

I've been checking out your conversations around the site and I've discovered a disturbing feature: you don't seem to have any sense of what constitutes good manners at all. You run around 'shouting your mouth off' about every topic under the sun and the way you put your ideas across more often than not seems to be condenscending and abusive. It seem to me that all you want to do at h2g2 is demonstrate that you are superior to every one else.

In this regard you share the same characteristics as another 'small but vocal minority' who have set up camp at h2g2 and seem to want to take the place over so they can run it for themselves. I can only conclude that you and they all come from dis-functional families - there is no other explanation for your repeated infantile, ignorant and offensive outburts all over the website.

Change your behaviour or get oiff the website!

PS. I've had a look at your university project on 'Intelligence' and as far I can tell so far it's a load of rubbish. My own original article did a far better job on 'Intelligence'. If thats the best you can come up with after you've had months to do better, God help you.


Warning

Post 2

xyroth

If you have specific problems with the intelligence entries, state them, and I will try and resolve them. As to the time it has taken, this is a complex topic, and worth not trivialising. Quite a few of the entries have had constructive and or complimentary comments, so why not join in and add some constructive crticism.

As to the allegation of "shouting my mouth off about every topic under the sun", when I nkow more than that particular author about subjects that I have been looking into for years, and they have been looking into for a day or two, then yes, I do speak up about problems.

As to wanting to take this place over and run it for , I have no intention of trying to do that. having said that, if there are problems, no-one benefits by not having them mentioned.

as regards "repeated infantile, ignorant and offensive outburts all over the website", name some, and I might after following the link agree with you. I make no claims to being perfect, only to knowing a lot the same way anyone else does, by learning it gradually over a period of years.

like anyone else, I can be given faulty information, and when that is the case (like in the received pronunciation thread) I check it out, and upon finding myself to be wrong, I admit it.

as to my style "seems to be condenscending and abusive", I've had no complaints about abusive, no accusations of condecending, although it can be mildly abrasive to the self-rightious.


Warning

Post 3

Ste

(Sorry for butting in here, butsmiley - smiley

Oh come on Clay_Toy, there's no need for this. xyroth and I always seem to find each other on similar threads on h2g2 and I have never found him offensive. Forthright maybe; like many people on h2g2 he does not mix his words. And there's nothing wrong with that.

And how are you "warning" him? What is this threat of punishment that is now hanging over him? You could have just politely asked him why he seems so forthright/offensive (depending on your point of view) and he would have answered. Simple.

Where are the manners in your post? Personally, I don't think you can be much more offensive than accusing someone's *family* of being disfunctional.

The "PS" is just purile and just shows the real reason why you have a chip on your shoulder over xyroth. Saying effectively that "Your article is rubbish, mine is better! nyah, nyah!" is pathetic, even when it seems yours was ripped to shreds and removed "in a huff" by you. A university project is a huge undertaking (as I am finding out with the Creationism vs Evolution project) and xyroth should be congratulated to have a go at such a difficult topic.


Warning

Post 4

Clay_Toy

You don't know all the facts Ste.

This person xyroth has been involved with a mailing list where a mentally disturbed person spent a considerable period of time making ridiculous accusations and threats against people at h2g2. She was also issuing false medical advice and impersonating a doctor. She was banned for life from this website. She hurt a large number of people and xyroth has been going around h2g2 making comments which support her.

If you go to the thread marked 'hi' on xyroth's page I tell the real story in language as blunt as xyroth here. (But lucky for xyroth my posting got moderated)

As regards my old 'Intelligence' entry I actually had only spent about 2 hours on. That was when the above mentioned mentally disturbed person came on to peer review and tried to 'rip my entry to shreds' Despite the fact that the woman was a genius (IQ approaching 4 standard deviations or 160+), she was not able to do so.

The best she could do was come up with was a largely content-free diatribe which consisted mainly of pointing out spelling errors, stylistic mistakes and minor grammatical errors.

I wrote my original entry in 2 hours. xyroth has been working on his for months. xyroth comes along and makes a few comments slagging me off about how bad my original entry was, yet after months of work he still has not been able to do any better.


Warning

Post 5

Ste

Your entry sounds interesting, do you have a link so that I could read it please?

Yeah, I know all about the lekz thing. Nasty mess smiley - erm. What was the mailing list though? Haven't heard that bit.

All the best,

Stesmiley - stout


Warning

Post 6

xyroth

I notice that clay toy still hasn't bothered to make a single detailed criticism of any of the university pages, only saying that it is crap, disputed (but only by him if the current lack of comments from anyone else is anything to go by).

There is a reason why this project is taking much too long. you cannot do a project of this sensitivity and complexity without feedback, which has been in a little short supply.

interestingly ste, I don't know anything about a mailing list that comes close to clay toy's description.

The closest that I can find in my mailbox to that is a bunch of friends (including lekz) who talk generally about anything which comes up.

As the stink regarding the method (not the reason) for the bans is ongoing, so too are some comments.

note: I have not noticed myself speaking in the manner you suggeest on that list, as I usually don't comment on the general list, only on specific points.

Although there has been mention of the question of weather comments like "mentally disturbed person" are libelous, inflamatory, or just bigoted (because 1 in 10 of the population suffers clinical depression in their lifetime, and thus fall into that catagory).

If clay toy would like to post small, detailed, (and toned down) posts with the same information spread over them, then I would be interested in seeing them (unless of course it is the usual revisionist history he tries to purvey on this site about how he never has done anything wrong on this site, and how it was all barton and lekz, and only them).


Thread Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'xyroth' to 'Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio' following a request by a member of the Community.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more