A Conversation for Gus Honeybun

Peer Review: A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 1

parrferris

Entry: Gus Honeybun - A659649
Author: Parrferris - Save the Globe! - U168284

A regional television icon and a piece of broadcasting history, from the days when 'the other side' was worth watching!


A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 2

Post Team

Wonderful smiley - smiley

What a shame I was in the wrong region to see him!

Spotted one typo Parrferris - last para you have 'contoversial' - perhaps an 'r' for rabbit would help? smiley - winkeye

Would you also consider this for <./>The Post</.>? It makes great reading smiley - smiley

shazz smiley - magic


A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

I love bits of trivia. Preserving obscure facts, specifically in the entertainment field, is something very dear to my heart.

In short, I LOVE this entry. Really brightened up an already-sunny Monday morning.

Cheers, Parrferris!!

Jimster


A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 4

Zak T Duck

It is my firm belief that Gus Honeybun was and still is the Tony Wilson of the South West. It was Gus who masterminded the early takeover of Westward by TSW in order to propel himself even further into the limelight.

Gus Honeybun not only launched the careers of many TV starets, but ended a large number too. The "Magic Mushroom" had a dual purpose, the good setting of making the screen have funny colours, and the bad setting that knocked out the camera for several seconds and sent a memo to his secretary saying "Send {person wearing clip on bunny ears} their P45 immediately.".

Gus Honeybun after being made redundant still wanted to entertain the public, so using the money he earned from working at TSW he bought himself a luxury burrow at the Flambards Theme Park in Helston, Cornwall (http://www.flambards.co.uk) where he still regularly entertains children and adults alike.

It's all true! A little smiley - bunny told me! smiley - winkeye


A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 5

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Nice one Parrfers smiley - cheers, but are you certain that GH was never shown outside the Westward tv area? I recall seeing the name in the 'regional variations' section of the tv listings in the Daily Mirror when I was a kid, and I have a vague recollection of it being in other areas too, and mybe even on either Thames or LWT for a short while... or it might just be all the drugs I took when I was at junior school smiley - online2long


A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 6

parrferris

I'd be happy for the entry to go in the Post, if you feel it's worthy!
smiley - biggrin

Thanks for the info that Gus now resides at Flambards, Croz. I was aware of this, but I thought that mentioning it might be considered too 'commercial'. Any thoughts on this?

Goshers, as far as I know the only region outside Westward / TSW to show Gus was Channel TV, usually when Oscar Puffin was 'on holiday' but occasionally by mistake. This was because the miniscule Channel Islands company effectively re-broadcast Westward with occasional 'opt-outs' (the arrangement faltered when TSW moved Crossroads to make way for local programmes; Channel's viewers objected and they started taking TVS instead).

Thanks for your kind comments!




A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 7

Post Team

I'll put it in this week's edition then Parrferris smiley - oksmiley - cheers

shazz smiley - magic


A659649 - Gus Honeybun

Post 8

parrferris

smiley - wow Fame at last! smiley - winkeye


Gus Honeybun is about to be edited... sounds painful!!

Post 9

Whisky

A double dose of fame Parrferris... Not only is this one immortalised in The Post but it's also now on its way into the edited guide...


Congratulations


Gus Honeybun is about to be edited... sounds painful!!

Post 10

parrferris

smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more