A Conversation for Gus Honeybun

Memoriall

Post 1

C Hawke

After his demise the bar at Polytechnic South West (now Plymouth Uni) was renamed "The Gus Honeybun memorial bar" or something like that.

A hero, his "Magic Mushrooms" were inspirational!!!

CH


Memoriall

Post 2

parrferris

True!

A little something I heard from a 'reliable source' (who once had a hand in Gus's successsmiley - winkeye):
In the days of the hour-long Westcountry Live, there was a constant problem that whilst people tuned in for the news at the start of the programme and the headlines and Ron Bendall's weather forecast at the end, the middle third of the show showed a regular ratings sag. This issue would be raised regularly at production meetings, and, often as not, one popular solution would arise, much to the annoyance of the editor! Sadly, such were the internal politics that it never happened, and Gus remains in enforced retirement...


Memoriall

Post 3

Plastic Squirrel /Back, on the good foot, and doing the bad thing

I miss Gus, i was on his birthdays a couple of times, and got a few Magic mushrooms (yes I was that generation). Should we petition westcountry?


Memoriall

Post 4

parrferris

We definitely should! He was much better than that weird old bloke and his sexually-ambiguous seagull...


Memoriall

Post 5

C Hawke

Now you've got me curious, must check out this sea gull.

We were talking at work about the fact we had renamed one building, and I was saying it will still be known as the old name (As in The Gus Honeybun Memorial Building) when a middle aged woman at work walking by on hearing his name, gave a little "bunny jump" so funny!! smiley - biggrin

We all miss him, but let in rest in peace.

Did you know the MArines from Lympstone once kidnapped him!

C Hawke


Memoriall

Post 6

C Hawke

Oh and why not submit entry for editing, certainly good enough?

CH


Memoriall

Post 7

parrferris

I might...
A little bit of ITV history on BBCi!


Memoriall

Post 8

Plastic Squirrel /Back, on the good foot, and doing the bad thing

smiley - laugh Very good.


Memoriall

Post 9

Ste

I remember one traumatic time when Gus was at Babbacombe carnival and his ear slowly started to come off. All the presenters were laughing like mad. At the end of high highly energetic stint the poor rabbit had only a black metal rod flapping about.

Good ol Gus

Stesmiley - earth


Memoriall

Post 10

parrferris

smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more