Introducing MHMC

1 Conversation

Introducing: MHMC

Now that spring is in the air (snow on the hills notwithstanding) it's time to get on your bike! Motorbike that is. And here in hootoo-land there's even a club especially for bikers and their aficionados. It goes by the name of the

Mostly Harmless Motorcycle Club (or MHMC for short) and it's been awfully quiet round the clubhouse for a while. So new members are always welcome – do pop over for a chat or to tell us about your biking tales.

Newest member T1mown has some details of an event happening on Mayday. He says:

It's just a tradition that's snowballed! It is definitely an experience, for those who have not done it. Going down the dual carriageways, there are people with deck chairs set up, just to watch you all roar by. They even set up camp on the road bridges over the dual carriageways!
It's on Mayday bank holiday, (that's 3 May) and approx 30k bikers travel down to Hastings, where we enjoy the May Day festival. What I tend to do is meet people at the Oak Dean café on the A20 about 10 am, and make my way down from there.
There's no real organiser, but if anyone wants more details they can email mayday_2010 at hotmail dot codotuk (click on the link).
PS, if you wish to be a spectator, I'd recommend coming by pillion or train. It'd take four times as long if you want to go by car."

We wish him and anyone else taking part a safe and enjoyable day out. My own bike hasn't been out of the garage for months, and I'm even considering selling it cos it gets so little use!

So call over and say hello, share your biking experiences, tips, suggestions for rides or maintenance, or even just for a bit of a chat. Ictoan and I are still sort of active, so we'll try to give you a warm welcome. Shiny side up, everyone!

General Features Archive

Beatrice

05.04.10 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A65857837

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more