A Conversation for Eclogue with Galatea

Oh Corrie

Post 1

Tefkat

Thank you. That was beautiful. smiley - cry


Oh Corrie

Post 2

Xanatic

Yeah, but what was it? A real experience? And where and when did it happen?


Oh Corrie

Post 3

Corinth

Romania, 1980.


Oh Corrie

Post 4

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

*editorial bookmark*
smiley - biggrin
~jwf~


Oh Corrie

Post 5

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

Corinth,

Well done. Very well done, indeed.
Your tale captivated me from the very beginning, as you made note of the complacency we "civilized" folk sometimes drag along as extra baggage, scarcely thinking ahead to prepare ourselves for changing circumstance. Your descriptions of the scenery, of the storm, of Galatea, and the rest were so vivid that I lived the experience along with the character. The detail you imbued the growing relationship between the man and the woman was tender and connoted a sense of learning to commune with one another. You used an interesting device to convey Galatea's "foreign" language, using symbols instead of alphabetic characters. When you had the man discover the incisions on Galatea's back, it made me speculate on their origin, though I've learned that race doesn't actually have alar appendages. ?:-] You finished the story in a bitter-sweet tone, though I chose to extrapolate all things had their purpose in the greater scheme of things, and each character came to terms with the choices made and was pleased therewith.

Touched by Corinth,
TJ smiley - winkeye

P.S.: For best readability, you may want to spell-check once more and verify the tense of several verbs later in the text.

Waiting patiently for more from the author,
TJ


Oh Corrie

Post 6

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Greetings Blue Eyes!
Your researcher number tells me you are new around here. (This could be misleading as many return under new identities.) In any case, your comments on Corrie's writing are much appreciated and I hope we will see more of you. We could do with some more literate folks round here smiley - bigeyes.

This Corrie story was featured in an issue of <./>AGGGAG</.> last February as a 'valentine'. In subsequent issues we ran another. And recently, in the second issue of CAC (that's the Committee for Alien Content - "We put the CAC in <./>AGGGAG</.>CAC" smiley - biggrin ) we had to inform our readers that the h2g2 Editorial Team had 'moderated' Corrie's latest and it would not appear as scheduled.

Sadly, I have not heard from Corrie since. Recently, changes have been announced to h2g2's 'Moderation Policies' (coming soon). This may result in his return.

peace
~jwf~


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Eclogue with Galatea

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more