A Conversation for The A to Z of Dreams and Nightmares

Im weird... dont laugh too hard!

Post 1

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Hey!

Right this is a dream I have EVERY time I watch a particular episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

There's a kitten in this episode who is very cute and not at all scary and its owners are Willow and Tara!

The Dream:
Right, Im working behind the bar of my local pub (something Ive never done) and this kitten is following me everywhere I go. As the evening progresses I start shrinking and the kitten keeps following. As I get smaller and smaller I realise the kitten is talking to me in a combination of both Willow and Tara's voices but I can't hear clearly what it is saying.
This is usually where I can't remember what happens or wake up.
I never disappear and the kitten never touches me.

Do I watch too much Buffy or does this mean something?
Thanks alot


Im weird... dont laugh too hard!

Post 2

MaxDale

Animals in dreams are meant to represent aspects of your personality, usually something bad (because watching an animal do something negative is easier to accept). It could be a symbol meaning that something you like is taking over your life, or some aspect of your personality is taking over everything else (the growing / shrinking thing). However, it could just be that you watch too much Buffy (although I find that concept hard to understand smiley - winkeye )

I'm not an expert. My entire knowledge of dream interpretation comes from so you might want to take a look there.

Sweet Dreams smiley - smiley


Im weird... dont laugh too hard!

Post 3

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Thanks alot, I do have a dream book but its so vague and usually says Im going to have an accident of there's some connection with death so anyone that manages to come up with anything other than that is a better man than I!!

Is there such a thing as too much Buffy? (This is a conversation that we shouldn;t have here!! smiley - biggrin)

Thanks again!


Im weird... dont laugh too hard!

Post 4

xKittenx The Witches Friend, interpreter of Dreams and Nightmares

Hi there, sorry its taken so long, but ive had a look at my book and heres what i have come up with.
Dreaming of cats/kittens is a link with your sensuous side, the refind but also the powerful yet self reliant aspect of woman my also be suggested by the cat.
Cats can also represent two sides to us one devious and one helpful, so the cat often denots the capricious side onf the feminine.
I hope that helps you a little, although i don't think watching too much buffy has anything to do with it, its more likely that you are more relaxed and at ease with yourself after you've watched something that you have enjoyed.
Should you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask, i do check in from time to time.
Blessings Kitten


Im weird... dont laugh too hard!

Post 5

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Thanks alot.
Any joy with the shrinking aspect of the dream, or do I not wnat to know? smiley - biggrin

Will


Im weird... dont laugh too hard!

Post 6

xKittenx The Witches Friend, interpreter of Dreams and Nightmares

Hi there great to hear back from you, now with regards to shrinking i didn't see that bit but i have looked it up and heres what ive come up with.
On a psychologica lever we can learn to handle who we are by seeing how nescessary and also how small we are in the bigger picture. The latter can be the feeling of shrinking therefore we are less threatening to ourselves and others, also there could be a link to childhood, maybe you feel you want to be back there.
I hope this helps you a little more. Should you need anything else please feel free to contact me.
Blessings Kitten smiley - hugsmiley - witch


Key: Complain about this post