A Conversation for Interview with the Vampire

Peer Review: A646814 - Interview with the Vampire

Post 1

AmericanNamedBob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A646814

I wrote this movie review for a class, and it has taken on a life of it's own. I continued to edit and revise it, even after recieving my grade (a 93%, due to some revisional errors) I'd like to see it edited to I can get some feedback and improvements, as well as some graphics added (like actual stars), because I'm not very good at the whole GuideML thing.
Thanks for looking,
~ANB


A646814 - Interview with the Vampire

Post 2

Whisky

Hi there,

A well written piece, and captures the mood of the film very well. However... (Sorry, there's alway's a however smiley - winkeye ).

When I read the title, I immediately thought of the Anne Rice book, you don't touch on the book at all, so maybe a title change to - "Interview with the Vampire - A film review" would be more appropriate.

And how about a little more depth on each character, maybe a short paragraph on each one,
Character - (Actor)
Birth, how they became a vampire, etc...

As with all comments I make in PR, please feel free to ignore any of them. It's your article after all smiley - biggrin

smiley - cheers
whisky


A646814 - Interview with the Vampire

Post 3

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

You end the review saying the ending will leave you begging Ann Rice for more, but barely mention her before that. Also, Ann (Anne?) Rice had already written three more Vampire Chronicles books before the film came out - and more and more since - including a rather different fate for the reporter than that placed at the end of the movie. Last I heard, they were planning to skip the other good book in the series - The Vampire Lestat - and jump right to the pseudo-feminist slaughterfest that is Queen of the Damned.

Gladness.

You also throw Claudia's name into the mix without ceremony, which is a little disorienting. Perhaps something like "...the real stars of the movie are Pitt, and Kirsten Dunst as the child vampire Claudia" would help; or even just "...Kirsten Dunst as Claudia".

The Prophet.


Just a short note

Post 4

Evil Zombie Strider

Just a short note, the way you phrase it, it sounds like the Rolling Stones covered Sympathy, instead of writing it.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed it. smiley - biggrin

Strider smiley - footprints


A646814 - Interview with the Vampire

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hi, Bob!

I agree with the above posters that this one could still use a little work. Any response to their comments?

smiley - smiley
Mikey


A646814 - Interview with the Vampire

Post 6

Wayfarer-- I only wish I were crackly

i'd agree with The Prophet in that it would be a good idea to add something about the book. maybe just a short sentence or phrase at the start saying something like "...based on the [date published or at leaste approximate time published] book by Ann Rice, 'Interveiw With the Vampire'". wouldn't have to be anything huge, just a short acknowledging note maybe. basically good though.


A646814 - Interview with the Vampire

Post 7

Evil Zombie Strider

I begin to worry that the author for this one has left the building...

smiley - footprints


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Interview with the Vampire

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more