Stories from Spook

0 Conversations

The End of Space

The End of Space - The Story So Far


Chapter 1

New Earth has ¾ of its surface covered with military installations containing more starfighters then anyone can count. The other ¼ of the planet is covered by water, where there are secret underwater military forces that collect information and spy on the rest of space. They used their surveillance techniques to track the spaceship Bravado from the moment it was stolen to the present time.

It was raining on New Earth. Raining. Not your basis rain, that splashes on the ground and causes small puddles in the road, but heavy rain. Rain that causes the sea to get too large and cover the land. Torrential rain.

The Land was flooded. Water was everywhere. In fact, you couldn't move without getting your socks wet. The reason for this is unknown to the people of New Earth. However, this does not in any way effect the military action being taken against the spaceship Bravado. Right at this very moment, 5000 starfighters have been sent to intercept and destroy the spaceship Bravado.

Captain Jim Jiggle looked out the window. To be exact, he is still looking out his window. He was once a young, fit, muscular man, but not anymore. His muscle has been replace with fat and his youth has been replaced with old age. He isn't a plump man, he just isn't thin. He has short, dark, brown hair and blue eyes. At this very moment he is doing what he has been doing for the last half-hour; enjoying the nothingness. Most people wouldn't enjoy this, but if the whole of 'The Best Fast Food Directory', 'The Best Food Directory', 'The Most Popular Foods in Space Directory', 'The Yellow Pages of Space', and 'Space is just One Large Pizza Made by Pizza Bar' are full of nothing but Pizza and telephone numbers you should phone if you want Pizza, and if you didn't like Pizza, then you'd enjoy nothing too.

Gordan scrubbed his back. He was in the shower scrubbing his back. Only he knows the reason why, although it is probably because his back was dirty. Still, the reason a ROBOT is having a shower is unknown. His name is also a mystery. His name was supposed to be GORDON, but because of a typing error when he was created, his very, very tiny name tag, which is imprinted onto the microchip that powers him, reads GORDAN. There are a lot of strange things about this special machine.

Science Officer John Smith was in his cabin, reading some old, tatty comics. He loved comics. He had them all. 'The Aliens of Delta 3', 'The Dinosaurs that Left Earth and went to Delta 3', and even 'The Aliens of Delta 3 Versus The Dinosaurs that Left Earth and went to Delta 3'. The only comic in known space that he doesn't have is 'The Aliens of Delta 3 Team Up With The Dinosaurs that Left Earth and went to Delta 3 Versus Delta 3's own, John Smith'. He used to have it but once he'd had enough of Space he wanted to get rid of anything that he had that read John Smith. So he burnt it. Of course, if he had tried to sell it he would have made 3, 642, 784, 265, 573, 683, 658, 214, 951, 465, 001 Krutons, which is equal to 1392 Billion Pounds. A Billion as in 1 million multiplied by 1 thousand. He could have then used his money to buy the spaceship Bravado and then there would not be any opposition to them leaving.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The 5000 starfighters fired their weapons. Of course, you wouldn't normally hear this sound, as sound cannot travel in space. However, each lazer, phazer, pistol, revolver, bomb, nuclear bomb, torpedo, photon torpedo, nuclear torpedo, nuclear photon torpedo, quantum torpedo, quantum photon torpedo, quantum nuclear photon torpedo, and any other weapon on the 5000 starfighters, contain a radio that sends out the BOOM! sound every time it is fired. This doesn't matter outside space as sound travels normally.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! They wouldn't stop their onslaught for anything. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The weapons fired at an incredible rate. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The spaceship Bravado, and the 5000 starfighters, were no more.


Stories from Spook Home Page


11.10.01. Front Page


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A643178

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more