A Conversation for Absinthe

Oouch

Post 1

threesecondmemory

I tried some on Saturday for the first time. My head still hurts now!

We drank it by lighting a spoonfull of sugar, waiting for it to melt, and then stiring it into the straight absinthe and downing it in one.

Never again.


Oouch

Post 2

Kaz

I drink it mixed with Lemonade, theres an interesting Raspberry Lemonade that it goes well with. smiley - wow I only ever have one or two capfulls though! Our bottle cost us £40, and its lasted us a year so far!

Thank you for crediting me on this one, I was very surprised! Pleasantly though! smiley - biggrin


Oouch

Post 3

Kaz

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a knob, cause its not 40% proof, thats the wossy stuff from Tesco, my Absinth is 70% proof. smiley - groan

Glad I got that cleared up!


Oouch

Post 4

Frankie Roberto

It's an interesting subject, I loved sub-editing the entry! I'm even tempted to throw an 'absinthe party' for my eighteenth... Just need someone to dress up as the green fairy! smiley - smiley


Oouch

Post 5

Kaz

You could try asking Kylie!!


Oouch

Post 6

Frankie Roberto

Ah yeah, I already did. She said she'd love to do it but she has to do a photo shoot in America that day... smiley - sadface


Oouch

Post 7

threesecondmemory

mmmmm....kylie


Oouch

Post 8

Kaz

mmm Kylie indeed! smiley - hug


Oouch

Post 9

Frankie Roberto

Which absinthe do you think is the best, Hill's or LaFee's?? That's if you've tried both...


Oouch

Post 10

Kaz

I've only tried Hill's, which do you think is best?


Oouch

Post 11

Frankie Roberto

I dunno, I haven't tried either (yet!).

What was it like for you? smiley - winkeye


Oouch

Post 12

Kaz

gigglesome smiley - silly, I didn't overdo it, else it could have been throwing up and passing out time! smiley - headhurts


Oouch

Post 13

threesecondmemory

I had to lie down for a little while......


Oouch

Post 14

Frankie Roberto

Maybe the next h2g2 meetup could be an absinthe party! I must remember to tell the italics. Who do you think would make the best green smiley - fairy?


Oouch

Post 15

mozandmarr

My bottle of Le Fee arrived yesterday as a present to myself for my 30th. Straight off I have to say that the bottle looks magnificent. Cool spoon too! Can't wait to try it tomorrow night. Will offer my opinion as soon as I can discern light differences again!


Oouch

Post 16

Frankie Roberto

Okay, let us know how it goes... (and if you see Kylie, say hi for me)


Oouch

Post 17

threesecondmemory

and 4 me.....mmmm kylie, the absynth fairy...


Oouch

Post 18

Huffler

Don't overlook the fact that it's an excellent aphrodisiac; absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.


Oouch

Post 19

mozandmarr

Very good stuff! Tastes glorious with sugar and water. It is, surprisingly, a lot smoother than Pernod. The giggling effect was definately noticeable! As was the propensity to dance. Didn't notice any particular mind altering effects till the next day when we all compared sleeping. Everyone had been disturbed by bizarre dreams during the night. My girlfriend said that i kept shaking to the extent that she thought i was fitting! I had the most vivid dream that i was strapped in a chair with loads of people poking me in the forehead! very strange! hahaha. Definately worth trying again. Although I wouldn't recommend trying to play footy the next morning! Unfortunately there were no sightings of the delectable Ms. Minogue.


Oouch

Post 20

Kaz

Glad you had a good experience, without feeling the need to cut you ear off! Shame about Kylie though!


Key: Complain about this post