A Conversation for The Cult of the Dentonites

Post your membership essays here

Post 1

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

Please use this thread to post your membership essays, then relax with a nice cup of tea.


My huuuge essay

Post 2

fords_prefect

I am not a morning person, that is why tea is so important to me. I drink it black, not out of despair but out of health reasons and, well, dammit, it tastes nice!

I love my dressing gown. It has fishes on it. I wear it on the weekends all the time, unless I have to really urgently go out, e.g. to the pub.

Arthur Dent may be bigger than Jesus; he did save the Galaxy, after all!

*End of essay*


My huuuge essay

Post 3

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

What it lacks in length, it makes up in sentiment. Congratulations you are the first acolyte of the Cult of the Dentonities (or should it be Dentites?). I hereby confer upon you the rank of smiley - tea.

Your first act as an acolyte is to sit down in you comfy chair and have a well deserved cuppa.

I will be changing the entry to reflect that you are a member soon.



ahhhhhh

Post 4

fords_prefect

Cool, I'm the first member!

And how I love my big blue mug filled with steaming hot tea....bliss!


ahhhhhh

Post 5

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

Now you have had your smiley - tea, you must go forth and entice new members.

So slip into your dressing gown and get surfing around the guide.

Hmmm. next big decisions lapsang or just plain PG tips???? It's tough at the top of this cult.
smiley - smiley


The way I drink tea

Post 6

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

I believe I should be allowed membership purely for the way that I drink smiley - tea, apart from the fact that I was still in my dressing gown at 11amsmiley - winkeye

I'm one of those people who likes really strong smiley - tea, with very little milk and *no* sugar. This naturally means that I have to reserve lots of time to make and drink it, as otherwise I will either need to curtail its brewing in far too short a time, or (horror of horrors) put cold water or milk in it to cool it down in time to drink (which, unfortunately, used to happen a lot on school mornings).

I depend on smiley - tea to keep me awake. It's the first thing I drink when I wake up, it's the last thing I drink before I go to bed, and It's one of the few things I drink between the two (barring alcohol and fruit juice, you seesmiley - winkeye).

So can I join?smiley - smiley


The way I drink tea

Post 7

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

Hmmmmmm, I need a little bit more than this.

The true Dentonite is so comfy in their dressing gown that they cannot be bothered to go to the bin to throw rubish away. How much refuse have you got in your dressing gown pockets at the moment?


The way I drink tea

Post 8

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

My rubbish never makes it as far as my pockets. It either lies on the side when I unpackage an item, or falls off my lap when I stand upsmiley - winkeye Teabags just tend to lie around.

I'm a messy sod reallysmiley - erm


The way I drink tea

Post 9

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

You're in on the provisio that you start keeping chocolate biscuit wrappers in the pocket of your dressing gown.

Congratulations, I award you your first smiley - tea may you move forward from here to bring lazy tea filled mornings to many more people on the guide.

I will edit the main page with your details in the near future.


The way I drink tea

Post 10

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

smiley - biggrin

Thank you.

*drinks smiley - tea*


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 11

knitbunny

I think this could be the cult for me!

There is no greater pleasure I know than a Sunday spent in my dressing gown, listening to the wireless. If I'm not going to leave the house and I'm not expecting visitors then there really is no point in getting dressed. And if I do get visitors then it doesn't matter as my dressing gown is a rather posh (if slightly shabby) tartan affair with red velvet trim and I would feel at ease in any company while wearing it. On weekdays I refuse to be parted from it until the very last minute. By midday you can still find me rather bleary eyed, huddled up in the aforementioned housecoat, feeling slightly bewildered by daytime television and seeking solace in a nice cup of tea.

Ah, tea. As a pretentious person I'm afraid I occasionally feel compelled to attempt fiddly things involving strainers and green tea leaves, but normally it's just good old teabags for me. I'm not a fan of those round teabags - there's no corner to grab hold of when it's brewed long enough and you want to fish it out of your mug. You end up having to dirty a tea spoon which only means more washing up to do when you eventually get round to it. In my opinion NOTHING should be attempted without first having a cup of tea. It's not actual procrastination, more a precaution - the time it takes to drink a cup of tea allows you to consider whatever it was you were planning to do, and if you decide it's not worth doing after all then you've just saved yourself time which is much more usefully employed by having another cup of tea.

This is my basic philosophy. If you feel I am worthy enough to become a Dentonite then I will be overjoyed. If you don't, I will be upset, but there's not much a good cup of tea can't put right.smiley - tea






Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 12

fords - number 1 all over heaven

My dressing gown is fantastic. It is white with little fishes and stuff on it, and it has this huuuuuge deep pocket full of fluff, tissues and on the odd occasion, a mouldy biscuit. Well, a cup of smiley - tea isn't the same without a Jaffa Cake or a Kit Kat, or even better, one of those Abernethy biccies....ah bliss! Yesterday I arose at 11am, and had about 3 cups before I even considered thinking about putting *clothes* on. I now have a big blue mug with a big smiley face on the front. It is only 2 weeks old but already it has a tide mark smiley - smiley.

But do you know what they do in Australia? They have these biccies called Tim Tams, and what you do is you bite off each end and suck up your milk/tea through the biccy. And then eat the biccy. Now, as we don't have them, I attempted it with a Kit Kat (our nearest equivalent). Very nice, I suggest you try it.


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 13

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Oops, I forgot to add this is fords_prefect, but I am using this duff account until my password get sorted out. smiley - tea


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 14

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

Knitbunny I am truly moved by your essay.

Your feelings on not doing anything until you have had at least one cup of tea are the foundation upon which this cult is built. I feel sure if the leaders of this world just sat down and had a nice cuppa then most of the nasty things in this world would not happen.

Welcome to the cult, I am proud to award you the order of the smiley - tea first class.




Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 15

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

smiley - cool why can't we have biscuits as excellent as that.

In recognition of your services to the advancement of tea drinking within the cult by bringing the Tim Tam to our attention I do hereby award you your second smiley - tea


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 16

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

*claps*


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 17

knitbunny

I am proud to be a member!

*wishes she had some Tim Tams to go with the smiley - tea*


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 18

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Cool! Thank you everyone, I'll just go and put the kettle on, make myself a celebratory smiley - tea. Just to tell you how devoted I am, I woke up at 6.30 this morning, my bus came at 7.00 but I still had time to have my smiley - tea, put my contacts in, get washed and dressed. And considering I take a long time to drink it, I was very proud of myself smiley - smiley

Incidentally, I am going to find out if you can get Tim Tams in the UK, and if so I'll let you all know where. They are seriously good biccies, especially when you suck your tea up with them....mushy but yummy!


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 19

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

And then there were four.

We would be a potent force if we could be bothered to get dressed and do anything.


Why I love my dressing gown.

Post 20

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

*pours freshly boiled water into teapot*

There's a potent force brewingsmiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more