The h2g2 Post 08.02.10

0 Conversations



Posted: 08th February 2010


 

 

Server Woes

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

That was the message I got Sunday afternoon, when I tried to put the final touches to the Post. It may not be obvious, but there is quite some editing and preparation going into each issue, and the only way to check whether it all works, is to sign into h2g2 and preview. At first, all went OK, although hootoo had been very slow for me for the last few days. But the Bad Request message stopped me in my tracks. I switched to a different browser, but to no avail. I emailed the Team, and to my relief KB was around and offered to help. I asked him to upload everything in case I wouldn't be able to do it myself. Knowing all in his capable hands I spent a nice afternoon and only tried again late in the evening. By then the problem had solved itself, but it is frustrating that I can't really take part in conversations at day time. It only gets better later in the evenings. I still haven't found out what causes it. Maybe it is my provider after all.

Contributing to the Post is never a bad request, and we are delighted to announce that two more contributors have a nice, shiny new Post Reporter Badge on their personal spaces: RodtheBrit, and The Reluctant Gaijin. You can find their respective fifth articles below, as well as all the other articles and cartoons of our Post authors old and new. It's a good mixture again to cater for all tastes. Enjoy.


B'Elana


 

 
SNOW (A)BOUND(S)

 

 

 

 

BACK AND FORTH IN TIME AND SPACE


 

 

 

 

THOUGHT PROVOKING


 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A61426983

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more