A Conversation for German Meet Spring 2010

Accommodation

Post 161

You can call me TC

I've just gleaned all information given on this thread re arrivals and Departures.

Arrivals:

smiley - starToybox - arriving by car around 14.30

smiley - starStunningfrenchie - by train from Paris 11.01 (Do you have a mobile phone - please mail me the number jacky42 at gee emm ex dot net. If you don't have a phone, I shall wear my h2g2 teeshirt (blue) and e-mail you a photo!

smiley - starGnomon and Zendevil land at 10 in Frankfurt. Should arrive in Mannheim around 12 by train. Possibly with B'El, MMF, and Wandrin Star.

smiley - starSho arrives by train around 11.

smiley - starMMF lands at ???

smiley - starWandrin Star will hopefully join B'El or Gnomon at Frankfurt.

smiley - starB'El leads the way on the train from Frankfurt to Mannheim.



Departures:

smiley - starToybox leaves by car Sunday morning.

smiley - starStunning Frenchie's train goes at 17.42

smiley - starSho's train leaves at 4 pm

smiley - starGnomon's flight leaves at 8 pm (possibly zendevil is on the same flight). This requires leaving Mannheim between 5 and 6pm

smiley - starMMF - leaving on Saturday evening with B'El?

smiley - starB'El - presumably going back home to Frankfurt on the Saturday night

smiley - starWandrin Star - we'll make sure she's OK

smiley - starzendevil's alternative programme is to take a local train to her mother in law's on the Sunday evening.


Anyone deciding to join us at short notice can e-mail me to exchange mobile numbers or join us at Zapatto's in the station between 12 and 2 on Saturday lunchtime.


Accommodation

Post 162

You can call me TC

Re : depositing bags - may I refer you to post 158.


Accommodation

Post 163

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I shall be arriving at Frankfurt on Friday at 13.20, and shall travel with Bel on Saturday so, as she knows German transport far better than I do, and has the advantage of speaking German, I am leaving myself in her more than capable hands.

And the boarding pass is printed, travel times calculated, Euros purchased, and planes flying, so all systems go.

smiley - ok

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


Accommodation

Post 164

You can call me TC

Yay, MMF!


Accommodation

Post 165

Sho - employed again!

it's all starting to sound like a plan!


Accommodation

Post 166

You can call me TC

smiley - blush sorry.


Accommodation

Post 167

aka Bel - A87832164

TC, that's looking fine. MMF and I will go to the airport on Saturday to meet Zendevil, Gnomon, and WS. We'll all go to Mannheim together.

I'll text you once we're on the train to Mannheim.

MMF and I will go back to Frankfurt on Saturday evening.


Accommodation

Post 168

zendevil


I am in the process of working things out around lambs etc and fear of volcanos, MiL etc, panicking like mad, but on balance will go for it.

lawd help Mannheim and Zapatto's when us lot descend.

P is now telling me about meeting places at Frankfurt airport. He suggests in front of the ticket office in the train station ("Fernbahnhof", not "Regionalbahnhof"), unless someone knows a better place. 'Meeting points' or the like would be too crowded in Frankfurt airport.
WHat about holding up a cardboard sign saying 'h2g2'?

Gnomon, did you get my email with the landline number here? I don't have a mobile phone, P does, but needs to keep it here for wOrK stuff.

zdt


Accommodation

Post 169

Gnomon - time to move on

Zendevil, I know B'Elana, MMF, and Wand'rin Star and they all know me, so as long as you stick to me, you won't need a sign.


Accommodation

Post 170

zendevil


#Applies glue immediately #

smiley - biggrin

zdt


Accommodation

Post 171

Gnomon - time to move on

I got your phone number, zdt.


Accommodation

Post 172

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I don't know anyone!!! Honest.

I'm just a figleaf of 2leg's imagination! You'll see!!!

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


Accommodation

Post 173

Sho - employed again!

smiley - laugh
I think enough of us know enough of the other ones to make it relatively easy though.
smiley - boing


Accommodation

Post 174

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

15 minutes to departure. Just throwing a smiley - coffee down my neck, then off. My neighbour has kindly offered to drive me to the smiley - rocket airport as well... A good start to the weekend!!!

smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boing

smiley - kiss

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


Accommodation

Post 175

Superfrenchie

smiley - biggrin You´ve done a great job, TC! smiley - ok
I´ll be on the train from Köln (...could the "EC 115" on my ticket be the train number?).
I´m going to email you my mobile number smiley - ok
(I´ll have a biggish bag, but I gather that´s all right.)

smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boing Really smiley - boinggetting smiley - boingexcited smiley - boingnow!!! smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boing


Accommodation

Post 176

You can call me TC

Don't forget your toothbrush!

Oh. He's gone.


Anyway, the best laid plans ...

I just checked the telephone number of Zapatto's and discovered it's CLOSED on Saturdays. Weird!

Nevertheless, there is no shortage of eating places around there. We'll just have to lug the bags a little way or leave them in the car for the time being, as we would have done anyway.

A phone call to the Tourist Office confirms this. So I shall change the venue to the vegetarian restaurant which is only slightly further away from the station, but, as I said, the tables are small and there are loads of kids running about. However, they have a patio where we should be able to push the tables together and sit in reasonable comfort. As the first of us can be there before 12, we can reserve space for the whole group.



This restaurant is also easily found from the station. For lurkers and latecomers, here are the instructions.

You leave the station and head straight ahead towards the water tower and the city centre. To avoid having to negotiate crossing tramlines, and later on, traffic, take the left-hand side of the road. You will pass the Kurpfalzstuben (a pretty yellow house) along this route. Quite a way up the second block - (now in view of the Water Tower, if my memory serves me right), is Heller's Restaurant. You enter through the buffet area, choose your salads or soups or any of a large variety of hot dishes and pass through the check-out to the very pleasant and summer-housey style restaurant.

If your German is good enough, you can choose from the menu here in advance:

http://www.hellers-restaurant.de/index.php/restaurant


Accommodation

Post 177

You can call me TC

Gotcha - Stunningfrenchie. Must get off to work now, so will check e-mails this afternoon.


Accommodation

Post 178

Superfrenchie

smiley - ok


Accommodation

Post 179

Sho - employed again!

SF - that looks like a train number to me, but I'm not an expert.

TC - thanks again for all your efforts. Strange that a restaurant at a main station would close on a Saturday: welcome to Germany! smiley - winkeye

I love the idea of a vegetarian restaurant - children running around don't bother me that much, if children are loud I can be louder, if they're bugging me unreasonably I have no problem to make that politely clear to them and/or their parents.
smiley - ok


Accommodation

Post 180

Superfrenchie

I agree with you here, Sho, I can make the running-around children pass for mere amateurs anytime!

... Bob help Mannheim! smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post