A Conversation for German Meet Spring 2010

Accommodation

Post 61

Sho - employed again!

I'm really sorry.
There's just no way I can manage it this time. 99.9% sure I won't be there.

But you know what they say: Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt!*

But I wouldn't reckon with my participation.

*where there's life there's hope (direct: hope dies last)


Accommodation

Post 62

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - sorry to hear that, Sho. Let's hope we have better luck next time smiley - ok

smiley - pirate


Accommodation

Post 63

Sho - employed again!

Sorry - there were calculations to make Einstein scratch his head, then I was lucky and got a room at the Central hotel.

So - I will be there by hook or by crook (and I didn't have to pay a deposit, they will accept an email booking, which is fab)

All I need to do now is get a train. But it seems the EUR 29 tickets are still available, at least to get there.

Now I have to check about who said what about meeting whom and when.
smiley - magic


Accommodation

Post 64

Gnomon - time to move on

Should I book train tickets from Frankfort Airport to Mannheim, or just buy them on the day?


Accommodation

Post 65

aka Bel - A87832164

If you don't book tickets which are bound to specific trains, you can book them now.


Accommodation

Post 66

You can call me TC

Sorry, Gnomon - can't give you a straight answer to that. There are some cheaper tickets available (as Sho mentioned) but it's a lottery.

See what prices you get if you try to book now. You might be lucky, but if you commit yourself to a certain train, leave yourself plenty of time at Frankfurt. If you gang up with WS, B'El and Terri, you could all sit together on the train.

The site to try is www.bahn.de.

Further details here:

580?thread=5808849" >F15643345?thread=7208849&skip=98&show=20


Accommodation

Post 67

aka Bel - A87832164

TC, when I looked last month, the differnce was about € 5 between a regular ticket and a cheap one.


Accommodation

Post 68

You can call me TC

To put it more precisely: Cheap tickets are only available if booked in advance, normal price tickets may be what you get if you book in advance, but will certainly be what you get if you buy on the day.


Accommodation

Post 69

Sho - employed again!

In NRW we have a Schönen tag ticket which is EUR 34 for one day and up to 5 people
Don't you have something like that down there? There are some restrictions but we use the RE trains fine with that.


Accommodation

Post 70

aka Bel - A87832164

I guess the schönes wochenende ticket would be the better option, as we'd need two of the others for Hesse/Baden Württ

Not sure how many regional trains there are going, though.


Accommodation

Post 71

Sho - employed again!

gah
my ticket just went up by EUR 30
and because I work in a town with no station I can't get to buy one
smiley - wah


Accommodation

Post 72

Superfrenchie

I was away last week, so couldn't log on, but I'm happy with the category I'm in. smiley - smiley

I've received all my train tickets smiley - magic; I think I'm arriving in Mannheim aroung 11:30 on the Saturday. I'll have to check the exact time, but that's about that.


Accommodation

Post 73

Superfrenchie

or even aroun*D* 11:30. smiley - erm


Accommodation

Post 74

Sho - employed again!

I'll be arriving around 10:30 I think

Do we have a convo about how and where we will meet?


Accommodation

Post 75

You can call me TC

Not yet. Plenty of time. There's no way of definitely knowing which train the people from the airport will take. We shall probably go somewhere near the station for lunch and people can come and join us there as they arrive. I shall be happy to go and meet everyone as they arrive.


Accommodation

Post 76

Gnomon - time to move on

If you tell me where you are, I'll be able to find you.


Accommodation

Post 77

Sho - employed again!

got my ticket smiley - magic
and will be arriving around 11am (and departing on Sunday at around 4pm)


Accommodation

Post 78

toybox

smiley - wow


Accommodation

Post 79

Malabarista - now with added pony

Looks like I won't make it smiley - erm There's a staff training thingie or something on the 23rd...


Accommodation

Post 80

zendevil

Aww, no Malsmiley - sadfaceIs there anything (small in size!) that you'd like me to bring back for you; any excuse to visit you and scare the smiley - ghost!

TRiG, smiley - ta for email re Acer; Aww... why you can't make it, please email mesmiley - ok

King Bomba, which bit of Eye Land are you going from? Are you on same flight as Gnomon and me? If so, also please emeil 'cos P has managed to pre-book seats on the flight together, there is another seat in same row free when he last checked.

As\to trains, again, i leave that to P, who studies timetables for fun and knows the region well, i'll get back to you as soon as i know best deal, times etc.

zdt


Key: Complain about this post