A Conversation for Washing Up - Therapy or Torture?

Peer Review: A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 1

Gem - leave a message and I'll get back to you!!

Entry: Washing Up - A5907053
Author: geminijune - U2104634

This is my first guide, please be kind with your suggestions!! smiley - smiley


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 2

Petulant Abacus

Well thought out and structured.
I think this is a good entry that is well worthy of the guide - even intersteller hitchhikers will probably, at some point, have to wash dishes for the first time, right?

I also loved your final comment - not only was it amusing, but very, very sound advise.

Well done, and i'm sure it will end up in the edited guide!


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 3

Gem - leave a message and I'll get back to you!!

Thank you, you've really made my day now smiley - biggrin, I didn't think I had the hang of GuideML, but it doesn't look too bad.

It would be nice, however, to create a new line without a space above and below it - is there a way?

HEADER
Then the subject...

(instead of)

HEADER

Then the subject....

also does it accept centralisation, justification etc, are there TAGs for these aspects?


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 4

Petulant Abacus

My only suggestion for using all these techniques is this;
Type the entry up in Microsoft word first. When it is to your satisfaction, just copy and paste the entry into the site.
This will definately take care of the one line on top of the other thing, but i'm not entirely sure that it will allow justifications, alignments etc.

Also, Word will pick up any spelling/grammar mistakes!
hey, we all make them.
I think i just made one now!


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 5

Gem - leave a message and I'll get back to you!!

Thanks, will try that the next time I get an idea!!
smiley - cheers


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 6

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Welcome to Peer Review geminijune smiley - smiley

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we already have an Edited Entry on this subject - Washing Dishes - A337006 and only one Entry on any given subject is accepted into the guide.

Sometimes when this happens it's possible to write an Entry from a different angle, but in this case, I don't think that's possible either.

Unless anyone else has any suggestions on a different angle, I'm sorry, but you'll need to remove this from Peer Review. smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 7

Petulant Abacus

awww!
there's a shame.
Keep the entry! it's very good, maybe you can re-work it at a later date if you come up with an angle, and just leave it in the unedited guide for now.

Look forward to you future entries though!


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 8

Gem - leave a message and I'll get back to you!!

How do I remove it from Peer Review?


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 9

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

If you look at the coversations list at the bottom of the main Peer Review page you'll see a little X next to your Entry, click on that and it'll be gone.


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 10

U168592

You could try Updating though, that's always worth it smiley - winkeye

Check out UpdateForum for pointers on how to do it smiley - smiley

MJ (the Update King apparently)

(smiley - tongueout at Jimster)


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 11

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Just to clarify what Emmily said:

"only one Entry on any given subject is accepted into the guide"
Only one entry on any given subject is accepted into the *Edited* Guide. Any Researcher can write an entry about any subject whatsoever (within the <./>House Rules</.> of course), and all entries are part of the overall Guide - h2g2, but there can only be one edited entry on any given subject. It's not unknown however, for people to write an entry about a subject already covered in the Edited Guide and to come at it from a different angle or to describe a different aspect of it, thereby not duplicating the content of the existing entry.


A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 12

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

'Alternatively you could buy a dishwasher and put your feet up'.

This is what Mrs RBA did when I had to go to Russia for 3 weeks on business.

Ever since, I've felt deprived of the opportunity to unwind after w*rk by dioing the w/u whilst looking out at the garden through the kitchen window. I don't feel like talking to anyone for about an hour after I get home.

smiley - smiley



A5907053 - Washing Up

Post 13

Gem - leave a message and I'll get back to you!!

Good idea, i'll try it from that perspective!! thanks smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post