- 10oz Plain Flour
- 4oz Sugar
- 6oz Butter
- Combine all the ingredients and mix into a pastry-like mixture.
- Put into a deep baking tray lined with baking paper (NOT greaseproof paper) and cook for 25 mins at 180°C.
- Leave to cool
- 4oz Butter
- 4oz Brown Sugar
- 2Tblsp Golden Syrup
- 1 Small Can Condensed Milk
- 2 Drops Vanilla Essence
- Melt the butter, sugar, syrup and milk together.
- When the sugar has dissolved bring the mixture to the boil.
- Cook gently for about 7 mins until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat, add vanilla essence and beat filling until thick and glossy.
- Pour onto the shortbread and leave to cool.
- 5oz Chocolate
Melt chocolate and pour onto set filling and cool.
We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe
but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright. Send your suggestions or recipes to The Post Team.