A Conversation for Falling Asleep With Sunglasses On

Writing Workshop: A586550 - Falling Asleep With Sunglasses On

Post 1

Freddy, Keeper Of The Word "fnar!". Back from the Underworld.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A586550

Invitation to all to laugh at my expense. Not sure if it's edited guide quality material, but somebody sort of suggested I submit it, so here it is.


Fred../
smiley - cool


A586550 - Falling Asleep With Sunglasses On

Post 2

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

I'm not sure that it's EG stuff on its own, it might be able to be incorporated into a larger entry on Embarrassing situations.

Whoami? smiley - smiley


A586550 - Falling Asleep With Sunglasses On

Post 3

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Maybe you could mention the film Police Academy 5 (or did I lose count, 4?), which was at least as bad as all the other Police Academy films, but with the lovely moment when the grumpy always-jealous-of-Lassard captain gets the word DORK writen on his chest in suntan lotion whilst he is asleep in the hot sun, and wakes up totally oblivious and wanders around getting upset at the rudeness of the general public who all greet him as Dork. Seldom have such comic heights been achieved.


A586550 - Falling Asleep With Sunglasses On

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

If you ask me then it's enough stuff for an entry of its own! Ta smiley - smiley


Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'The Writing Workshop'.

We feel that this needs a little bit of fattening up - maybe, as someone has suggested, as a part of a bigger entry on 'most embarrassing moments'. Or even a slightly bigger entry on sunglasses themselves.


Thread Moved

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

There you are smiley - biggrin


Thread Moved

Post 7

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Errrrrrr........... my previous posting was in error !!!!

I saw this thread on the /mp294 page (where all the moving stuff of the h2g2 Editors appears) and was SURE this move was going to go back to the entry on the grounds that the entry was recommended, and was thinking of posting some kind of 'cheers' stuff. Now I'm finding the thread on my regular visit to the workshop smiley - yikes drat! grmpf!

smiley - grr


Thread Moved

Post 8

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

It's more of a journal entry.


Thread Moved

Post 9

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I tend to disagree there.


Thread Moved

Post 10

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

So what do you want to do with it while its here?


Thread Moved

Post 11

Circe

I agree with Bossel. I think there is room in the Edited Guide for small witty pieces like this. Not everyone has time to read some of the long (and very good) entries.

I think it needs polishing and bulking out a little bit.


Thread Moved

Post 12

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Okay. I'll take another look.


Thread Moved

Post 13

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I'm still convinced that it's a valuable piece and needs a greater audience. How about the Post?


Thread Moved

Post 14

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

actually, theres a little movement going on with JWF and Spiff and Lucinda and 'Zoeb to fling some of the more 'interesting' pieces into a link to a column on the Post. We have a nod from the Post and they are asking for an announcement of intention for the edition of Dec.6.
I have been asked to write the Intro for the column.

I will mention this piece.

Part of the movement's intent is to revive the CW and the AWW and to resurrect from the AWW and the FM and the back drawers of the various personal spaces entries that didn't pass PR for various reasons, were previously rejected by the EDs as material for the Guide or....fill in the blank...
At the moment, the movement is under the aegis of the AGGH.

You can learn more under the thread called "Ok, what next" or "What now?" on my space or JWF's or Spiff's.


Thread Moved

Post 15

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Yepp, found and to it smiley - smiley Now for the backlog of it...


Key: Complain about this post