Falling Asleep With Sunglasses On

3 Conversations

Falling asleep with sunglasses on can lead to a very nasty situation.

Firstly, you are most likely to be doing this whilst sunbathing, possibly on a beach, such as the one at Brighton on a hot sunny day.
You will probably find that you've ignored the advice to only stay out in the sun for a maximum of an hour even with sunblock cream, and will consequently get burned, making caucasian skin look something of a lobster-like colour.

This is not the worst part.

The worst part is that you have fallen asleep with your sunglasses on, and when you wake up, you will be mostly lobster coloured, except, and this really is the worst part, except for a pale line that starts at one ear, goes all the way round your eyes and face, to the other ear. You will be able to tell that this is the case by the clearly audible outbursts of laughter as you remove your sunglasses.

What's worse is if you are expected back at work the next day. This is very bad, as your workmates will all have different comments to make. You will no longer be "Fred from accounts" or "Jim from I.T." or even "Jane from the post-room", you will be now be "a lobster/panda hybrid" or "the mask of zorro" or maybe even something as imaginative as "lobster-boy".

In short: Don't fall asleep with your sunglasses on. Apart from the not inconsiderable pain it will cause you, you will also be ridiculed for the mostpart of your life.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A586550

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more