A Conversation for Big Bandwagon - The Lounge

Mindless Chatter

Post 1

soeasilyamused, or sea

okay, i know this is really cliche, but i'm curious.

what do you guys miss most about chatting on h2g2? i mean, what is the one thing that you usually do, but can't because you're here?


Mindless Chatter

Post 2

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

The one thing I've had to restrain myself from doing is commenting after reading something interesting or important. I've been lurking at the Atelier, and I wanted to say something supportive to Amy, but couldn't.


Mindless Chatter

Post 3

cafram - in the states.

Yeah, me too - I miss being allowed to just pop up in a conversation and add in my two cents, and to continue in threads I was there for the start for...it's weird not being able to drop in and say hi, and it's hard to not be able to talk to people about their entries!

On the other hand, it's good to ~have~ to lurk - I'm reading a lot of stuff I probably wouldn't have otherwise, which is good - I'm probably finding out a lot more about people than I would have had I talked to them...not by lurking in private conversations (is there such a thing on h2g2?), but just by having to contemplate what they've said, rather than add to it.


Mindless Chatter

Post 4

soeasilyamused, or sea

i miss being able to participate in my roleplay threads!!!

i still read them, and it's been driving me crazy that i can't take part in what is going on. and, wouldn't you know, the second i came here, the storylines started to pick up! *groan*

so how many times have you almost replied to other forums and caught yourself just in time? I've done it (i think) 3 times. once i came REALLY close because someone was asking me to fix an error in their entry i subedited, and i typed out a whole message and almost pressed the "post" button before i caught myself! yipes!


Mindless Chatter

Post 5

cafram - in the states.

Yeah - me too - I definately miss exploring the Kingdom of Balwyiniti with everyone!

It's hard being a subed and doing this - I want to talk to people about their entries, but I can't unless the have an email addy on their page *grr!*

I've been pretty good with the whole "not posting outside" thing - I've wanted to really badly, but I haven't slipped up...yet...


Mindless Chatter

Post 6

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC


Do you think posting in the "other place" - the Atelier in the oasis - would violate the rules? Unfortunately there hardly anyone there anymore.


I still don't think there is anything wrong with roleplaying within the confines of the Big Bandwagon. It might be diverting, if a bit slow paced. Zeppo can chew holes in the space-time continuum, you know. He can chew holes in *anything*.


Mindless Chatter

Post 7

Post Team

smiley - musicalnote
smiley - musicalnote
smiley - musicalnote

Booooooiiiiiinnnnnggggg

BB sees no reason why you can't role play either, within the confines of playing a game to pass the time! smiley - biggrin

Game of Dungeons and Dragons anyone?

smiley - footprintssmiley - footprints


Mindless Chatter

Post 8

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

I don't know dungeons and dragons so I'll make up my own game 'til someone else decides to show up.

(Queen Infinity)
*locked up in dungeon*

*thinks aloud*

Maybe it is time to plan an escape even though the dragon is watching. I just feel so lonely.

*sobs*


Mindless Chatter

Post 9

Researcher 178815

is zeppo the dragon? i wonder if he can chew holes in people? just kidding


Mindless Chatter

Post 10

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

heh heh!

I doubt Zeppo will chew holes in anyone, but there's some old curry in the kitchen. Maybe if we feed him some he'll breathe fire.


Mindless Chatter

Post 11

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Not funny. He won't *breath* fire, but the results will be unpleasant all the same.
smiley - dog


Mindless Chatter

Post 12

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

Sorry d'Elaphant. smiley - sadface I wouldn't really give Zeppo anything hot. Anyway, he's such a clever smiley - dog he wouldn't eat anything like that.


Mindless Chatter

Post 13

cafram - in the states.

Oh no - when we've fed our Lab something smelly we regret it for the next week - they are the most methane-intensive animals...


Mindless Chatter

Post 14

Researcher 178815

really? im glad the rets of us found out the easy way! smiley - biggrin


Mindless Chatter

Post 15

Researcher 178815

Gimmee a shout when anyone wakes up, I, being the hypocrit I can be sometimes, will be asleep. smiley - biggrin


Mindless Chatter

Post 16

soeasilyamused, or sea



queen infinity, you shall never escape the castle while i control the dragon! you shall spend eternity alone, within these walls! hahahaha! smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more