A Conversation for Southeast US Researchers' Group Mark II

New florida entry

Post 1

roadtripchick

smiley - smiley
i just wrote up this entry and wanted to put it up for reveiw here before I sent to peer reveiw. A724745

and also wanted to add the final version on this page! smiley - ok


smiley - bluebutterfly


New florida entry

Post 2

Spoo Monkey

looks pretty darned good to me
one grammatical thing I found:

"That is were Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park comes into play
(insert period here, begin new setence) it is a beautiful..."

It's a tiny mistake, but being so close to the beginning might make people stop reading (figuring it's like that all the way through). Change it before you submit it for review and you'll get recommended faster.


New florida entry

Post 3

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I agree; it looks good. BTW, if you come across things about Florida and the South that aren't listed here, let me know. It's been nearly a year since I did a real thorough search.

Here are the little things that I noticed:
Title: Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida/ USA
Replace the / with a ,.

R.V.(recreational vehicle).
According to the guidelines for the edited Guide, you don't need to use periods with acronyms.

The capitalization of 'springs' in Ginnie Springs is inconsitant.

Those driving directions seem awfully complicated.

A couple of questions came to mind. Are these liamstone caverns with the crystal strucutres like they have in the midwest? Are the caves all completely underwater?


New florida entry

Post 4

roadtripchick

Thanks for the tips. i am terrible at grammar and after being smiley - online2long I don't always get my spelling typos. smiley - smiley

In reference to the caves I am not to sure. I got my basic info from the website. I do not dive there but I have friends that do and they have never said anything about crystal structures and all the caves are underwater and you have to have dive gear to go into them . should I add that?

And the driving directions are straight from the website i didn't modify them because i didn't want to mess them up and get something wrong. Maybe I should just put a link to the acctual website or is that not allowed?


smiley - bluebutterfly


New florida entry

Post 5

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

Sure you can always put in links to the original site. Links to outside websites just have to be reliable and useful. When I do an entry, I always try to link to an actual website if there is one.


New florida entry

Post 6

roadtripchick

cool smiley - smiley i just fixed it up if you want to look over it again.


smiley - bluebutterfly


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more