A Conversation for A Party Election Broadcast on Behalf of the 'I Vote For Me' Party

It's a vote for myself?

Post 1

J

"because a vote for 'I Vote For Me' is a vote for yourself"

smiley - bigeyes
But isn't it actually just a vote for you guys? Quite confusing.

By the way, I think that if you smash something while it's on top of the badger, it will also smash the badger. Can't imagine you getting much smashing power when going from the side either.

smiley - blacksheep


It's a vote for myself?

Post 2

Trin Tragula

Accurate smashing leaves the badger completely unharmed and free to go about its business unburdened smiley - angel

Say it: I (Jodan) vote for me (Jodan) - only by going with our party do you get to do that. It's not too late, you know smiley - smiley

Anyway ... what are you doing here? smiley - yikes This page is still in its pre-publication focus group stage! Oh God, can everybody see it already? It's not finished! *hides head*


It's a vote for myself?

Post 3

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Thanks RF that makes 3 PPB's now smiley - ok


It's a vote for myself?

Post 4

Trin Tragula

smiley - bigeyes I just came over to your PS to get this to you - and this thread was sitting at the top of your conversations list.

Cheers Reefgirl! smiley - ok


It's a vote for myself?

Post 5

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

No probs, I may be sending our political correspondant over in the next couple of weeks


It's a vote for myself?

Post 6

J

Wha? smiley - erm You're not Jodan. I'm Jodan.
Or. Well, maybe you're right.

I (Trin) know you (Jodan) wish to poach me (Trin) for my (Trin) great leadership and bribing abilities, but I (Trin) can only work for a campaign where the voters want to be convinced. They all really want to vote for Hypatia because she's (Hyp) the real deal smiley - cool Makes my (Trin) job very easy. Don't you (Jodan) think so? *sips his (Trin) drink*

smiley - blacksheep


It's a vote for myself?

Post 7

Trin Tragula

Aaawww! smiley - smiley

I (Jodan) also know that you (Trin) secretly want me (Jodan) to come and take up a challenge (getting RF elected), because the current conjunction of my (Jodan's) extraordinary canvassing abilities and all-round decency and my candidate's (Hypatia's) intrinsic leadership qualities and dignity are making things a bit too easy.

Or so it would seem, because what I (Jodan) haven't reckoned with is that not only will you (Trin) get all the satisfaction of a tooth and nail fight against the odds working its way up to a last-ditch death or glory crescendo but you (Trin) will also have the satisfaction of *winning* that unequal struggle, possibly due to some very arcane mathematics.

*Tops up drink and drops two straws in it*


It's a vote for myself?

Post 8

J

You (Jodan) had me (Trin) right up to the last bit until you said that your (Jodan) candidate (Hypatia) wouldn't win. I (Trin) happen to think she (Hypatia) deserves the job and base my (Trin) secret support of her (Hypatia) soley on that premise.

Shouldn't all voting be based on choosing the candidate with the most merit? (Hypatia)

smiley - blacksheep


It's a vote for myself?

Post 9

Trin Tragula

At heart I (Jodan) know that voting *should* be based on choosing the candidate with the most merit. And yet my (Jodan's) head tells me that there's a danger in peaking too soon, that politics is a distance race and not a sprint and that there's every possibility that a candidate who appears to be an underdog at the present time (Reddyfreddy, say) may nevertheless win in the end.

Shouldn't all campaign-managing be based on choosing the candidate with the most glamorous mountain to climb? (Reddyfreddy)


It's a vote for myself?

Post 10

J

I (Trin) do not agree with that. The Hypatia (gloriousness) campaign did get off to a good start, but it appears that they are adding supporters daily at a greater speed than anyone else. Just an observation I (Trin) have made.

The Hyp (beauty in action) campaign still has mountains to climb, I (Trin) recognize. It (Hyp Incorporated) still must write a political broadcast. I (Trin) will doubtlessly be waiting as you (Jodan) try to write one up and hope that you (Jodan) somehow include something so incredibly offensive that it'll scare away the voters (58 folks).

However, I (Trin) know that you make better decisions (joining Hypatia) than that.

smiley - blacksheep


It's a vote for myself?

Post 11

Trin Tragula

I (Jodan) am happy with the number of thoughtful and intelligent voters who have now pledged their support to my candidate (Hypatia). And why shouldn't I (Jodan) be? *Sips drink* With so many fine people gathered round the standard, the PPB I (Jodan) will write will be a wondrous thing, full of reason and sense and I (Jodan) know that you (Trin) wish me (Jodan) all the luck in the world with it.

But ...

I (Jodan) have been an observer of politics too long to discount the possibility that something downright weird might happen. I (Jodan) have seen the news from Germany, from New Zealand, I (Jodan) know that hootoo cannot hope to buck these trends.


It's a vote for myself?

Post 12

Badger

me smiley - badger not been smashing Im a smishing kind of smiley - love aanimalynow smiley - cheers
smiley - wah daddytoolegs teyre nofaires smiley - evilgrinsmiley - grr


It's a vote for myself?

Post 13

Trin Tragula

Oh Badger smiley - cheerup Just think, in a short while, Reddyfreddy will be president and you'll never have to worry about that nasty old hegemony ever again smiley - smiley


It's a vote for myself?

Post 14

A Super Furry Animal

This is true.

As will have been observed of late, I am the master of...er...masterly inactivity! Whilst Trin has been rushing around doing everthing, I've actually done Super Furry Animals. Once the hegemony has been smashed (and other campaign pledges realised), this is the level of interference that I will give to the Universe. Don't think of me as some meddling Blair/Brownite style of totalitarianism. I'll just leave the Universe to get on doing what it does best.

RFsmiley - evilgrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more