A Conversation for Eclipse Center

A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 1

Yeliab {h2g2as}

I (Yeliab) and Jimi X have both created pages about the up comming eclipse on 21st June this year.
Yeliabs:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A578900

Jimi's
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A432019

Just to let you know.


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 2

Kenrick

Are you reccommeding these entries into the Edited Guide or are you just advertising?

Kenrick smiley - erm


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 3

Kenrick

Sorry, that was a bit harsh. I wasn't really thinking. smiley - blush
After reading through your entry (first link), it seems to be a well-written article on the eclipse.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to see it due to it's location! smiley - winkeye
The 'Additional Resources' section was helpful, with some good relevant links.

Kenrick smiley - smiley


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 4

Azara

Both entries look good, but isn't there a problem about trying to get either into the Edited Guide? I think it would need very special intervention to get anything onto the front page in three days, and otherwise it would all have to be edited into the past tense. Since there's an existing entry on Solar Eclipses, would it end up getting added on to that one?

Azara
smiley - rose


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 5

Kenrick

That is a vey good point.
Hmmmm... smiley - erm
Better get some other people's ideas on this.


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 6

Kenrick

That is a very good point.
Hmmmm... smiley - erm
Better get some other people's ideas on this.


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 7

Jimi X

The page I wrote is basically something I'm keeping updated with information on upcoming solar eclipses. I hadn't given any thought to it going into the Edited Guide and don't really think it should.

However if Nick (Yeliab) wants to send his through the process and there's helpful information on my page to add to his, feel free to snatch it. smiley - smiley

Cheers! smiley - ale

- X


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 8

Nandi

Speaking from South Africa, the Jimi X entry was just the ticket I was looking for, telling me what to expect in Johannesburg and how to make the viewers. I have no desire to buy 5 newspapers just to get enough glasses, that may not even be safe, for my household. I am very happy that I found both of these entries at this point in time, and wouldn't want it any other way. But, as Azara mentioned both may be a bit topical in their current form for the edited guide. So, I guess the question is what to do with useful, relevant, informative and well-written entries with an expiration date? A two-day blurb on the front page about a couple of notable unedited entries? A timely-interest sort of thing that could point to entries revevant to a upcoming event? hmmm...


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 9

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Yeah sorry, didn't ereally think about the whole date thing. Hmmm, oops.

It would be good to have something about it on the front page on the 21st.

I was also hoping to update it afterwards. Hmm, OK sorry about posting this here, wrong polace I guess.

Sorry,
Nick


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 10

Kenrick

No probs. Do you want this conversation to be moved?

Kenrick


A578900 - Eclipse Center

Post 11

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Yeah, that's probably best. Don't know where though, you can decide that smiley - winkeye


Thread Moved

Post 12

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Eclipse Center'.


Following your suggestions, this PR thread has been moved to the entry it is discussing.

Thanks everyone smiley - smiley


Thread Moved

Post 13

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Hay thanks.

What did anyone think of said eclips?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more