A Conversation for Castle Atelier

Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 1

Santragenius V

*points - The screens for departures are over there smiley - tongueout*

*With much bowing and presenting of identity papers etc ad nauseam, followed by a silent but apparently very efficient safety screening of much luggage by big machines discreetly labelled with CLI logos, the Count of Rabbitforest, Ambassador of Danevang to The Royal Court of Damogran makes a travelworn but satisfied entry to the castle.*

Wow - smiley - wow - very nice and impressive, indeed! smiley - smiley

*a kilt-wearing bot hovers from out of nowhere and kindly offers to lead the way to an appropriate, not over-done, guest room with a view to the sunset over the fields on the western side*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 2

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*the librarian owl flies slowly over the horizon, weighed down by his bulding satchel full of this and that. He spirals to the ground and greets the screening people, being ushered relatively quickly through*

Wonderful castle. smiley - smiley

*takes off satchel, removes various items from it and sits down for a rest*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, dressed in her adventuring gear; dark green silk long-sleeved blouse, a vest made from the softest light brown suede, as are the matching calf-length skirt and knee-high boots with thin straps of leather wound around to keep them up*

*she's armed with bow and arrows with what seems like colour-coded feathers*

*glares at the screening people*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 4

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

[Lentilla levitates into the room, dressed in her Mary-Poppins best, complete with levitating brolly and infinitely large attache case.] Ah, what a nice castle. Not as drafty as I like, but I can appreciate the snapping gators in the moat.

[Glances at the screaming people, realizes that they're really screening people, and looks away.]


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 5

Agapanthus

*Agapanthus rides in on a Standard-Horse-for-Narrative-Purposes. Having fulfilled its role, it vanishes when she gets off it. She is wearing a plum-coloured riding habit, carrying bulging saddle-bags, and her pet thesaurus rushing hither and yon, sniffing at people and pretending to be adorable.*

Hello, all. Any chance of a cup of tea?


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 6

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

*wanders in, wearing all-purpose leather armour, and carrying what appears to be a oak staff, but which is actually hollow and filled with whisky. A short sword hangs at the belt, for appearances sake*

Right, who bought the fags? Not for me you understand, but trust me, Malboro Reds are the way to 2legs' heart (not to mention his lungs).

smiley - ale


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 7

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*rummages through the items removed from his satchel and produces the cigarettes, plus a sonnet for Roget to munch on*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 8

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Ah ah, I just want to know we've got them, I don't want to *see* them. Far too tempting.

smiley - ale


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 9

Agapanthus

*Roget tries to lick David enthusiastically*

Get DOWN Roget. Down. Sit. Now say thank you properly.

*Roget warbles: 'acknowledgment, benediction, blessing, credit, grace, gramercy, gratefulness, gratitude, praise, recognition' and then spends the rest of the day trotting about with the very damp sonnet hanging out of his mouth.*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 10

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Ah. Right. *flutters around in a confusing fashion and hides the ciggies from KA as he does so*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 11

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Hey Roget! Guess what naughty Aunty Kerr's got for you?

*slyly waves a copy of 'Viz' behind Ag's back*

There. That should teach him some new words.

smiley - ale


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 12

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

smiley - yikes

*dives towards Roget to avert a potential disaster*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 13

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Spoilsport. Boy's got to learn sooner or later, otherwise he'll always be an incomplete thesaurus.

smiley - ale


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 14

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Hmm. Just make sure you behave while I'm away from the castle later...

*hands the only slightly chewed Viz back to Kerr and takes Roget for a brief stroll*


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 15

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Lunchtime? Oh good. Anyone else fancy joining me for a liquid lunch? Whisky of your choice available.

smiley - ale


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 16

Agapanthus

Ooh, any chance of a Whisky Mac? Oban and Crabbie's for preference.


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 17

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

*Removes smash-proof glasses from backpack*.

See, just unscrew the top of the staff, and any whisky-related product of your choice will pour forth.

Mine's a Talisker.

smiley - ale


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 18

Grand Pleniopetentiary of Lil's Atelier

Welcome everyone. It's nice to see that so many of you have already made it. I hope you are all settling in comfortable. If there's anything you need, be sure to ask.

GPoLA smiley - peacedove


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 19

Kat - From H2G2

*Kat saunters in with her small red leather suitcase and her crate behind her. She has a short moment of difficulty with the screening people before convincing them that she is not a smuggler*

I did better than a packet of fags. I brought bundles of them, plus a load of medical articles and journals on tape. Hopefully they may make a slightly good impression?

*she sighs and hands the suitcase to a servant*
No chance of a Bailey's Coffee around here is there?


Castle Atelier: Arrivals

Post 20

Tasselina, a hubba-hubba girl

*sashays in, wearing a trenchcoat and smiling at the screen people*

I was told by the agency to report here for a legation. What kind of leg is thayat? I git to carry a present and meet some gorgeous hunk of a king, that's what the mad--uh, my boss said.

*tosses her long hair back and looks at the other people in the room appraisingly*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more