Castle Atelier

2 Conversations

Castle Atelier is situated approximately 20 leagues northeast of the border of the Kingdom of 2Legs. It is from this Castle that the mission to the Kingdom of 2Legs will be launched.

Castle Atelier is a traditional stone fortress safely built on a high plateau overlooking the fields below. The only access to the castle is via a narrow road which winds it's way up the mountain toward the plateau. It's location and the strength of it's outer walls makes some traditional defensive features such as a moat unnecessary. Castle Atelier is also protected by many patented electronic devises provided by CLI.

Once the castle's outer walls are reached, the visitor will be greeted by one or more guards stationed in a stone barbican that overlooks the road. The entrance is protected by a heavy, impenetrable steel portcullis which can be raised or lowered almost instantaneously thanks to a mechanism provided by CLI. Guard barracks are built into the castle's ramparts.

Unlike it's cold, drafty medieval counterparts, Castle Atelier is equipped with the most modern of conveniences. It's vast storerooms are temperature and humidity controlled, permitting secure long term storage of all the necessities of modern life. The stables and kennels are heated and, thanks to CLI, are self-cleaning. The private apartments are luxuriously comfortable.

In addition to the extensive living quarters, the castle contains the Ambassador's offices, a large solarium, a well-equipped computer lab, a library, a large, well-equipped kitchen, a brewery, several workshops and of course a great hall for entertaining.

It is in the Great Hall that we will throw a Grand Ball to honor King 2Legs. The hall is warm and inviting. It has several large fireplaces for both warmth and ambiance. Comfortable seating is placed near these fireplaces for small conversation groups.

The east end of the Great Hall contains a massive dining table and chairs. Doors in the east wall lead to the kitchen. The west end of the hall has a dais large enough to hold an orchestra and a polished teak floor suitable for dancing and indoor sports.

The courtyard is filled with fountains and well manicured lawns. There are several formal gardens, three orchards, and a large potager to supply the kitchen. Visitors to the south lawn may don black or white robes and play lawn chess or croquet. Tennis courts are on the east lawn. An indoor/outdoor swimming pool is located near the west wall , and the dungeons have been converted into a bowling alley.

Castle Atelier is staffed by bots provided by CLI. Their performance and functions are periodically reviewed by Ampton, whno is currently in residence helping to make preparations for the delegation's visit and the Grand Ball.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A5744946

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more