A Conversation for Philip K. Dick

His works

Post 1

Su

See there is a new film out perhaps someone will make one Of Ubik (1969) I re-read this recently and it has a modern feeling to it.Looking forward to Minority Report and hope it doesn't disapoint.Shame Mr PkD not arounf to collect his royalties.


His works

Post 2

El Fouche

Never read 'Ubik' - is that the one about people in an artificial sort of afterlife? Thought 'A Scanner Darkly' might make a good film in a vaguely film noir cum surrealist mode.

What did you think to 'Minority Report'? One of the better attempts to put literary SF on to the big screen I thought, despite some glaring plot holes. Strangley precient as well, considering that in the US and the UK we are arresting people on the suspicion that they might be, or may one day be, terrorists with little or no evidence. Sometimes the future is not as far away as we think it is.


His works

Post 3

Researcher 229391

Terry Gilliam got some way towards making a film of 'a scanner darkly' - a screenplay was written i think, the project is now jetisoned as far as i am aware.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more