A Conversation for The Scottish Summer h2g2 Meet-up

Location

Post 41

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

I wonder if you need the word "mutant" there, Jamie smiley - smiley


Location

Post 42

Researcher 168667

I'm sure Ghillie Browns bar is now called Bonapartes cafe ~ bar.


Location

Post 43

Jamie

Could be - it's the one up the stairs anyway. See you all tomorrowsmiley - smiley


Location

Post 44

Peta

See you tomorrow!


Location

Post 45

Researcher 168667

See you tomorrow.


Location

Post 46

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Saw you saturday..

Hmm. That doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?


Location

Post 47

Munchkin

So, was it fun? Enquiring minds want to know.


Location

Post 48

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Well.. What can I say? It was a 12 hour drinking session for a bunch of us. Well, for Jamie and me, anyways. We never got to the GSC, as the Italics were a bit late, and DD and FC were even later.
We gathered at the Bonaparte's bar at Central station. I arrived there at just after noon, and found Ardzil and Jamie already there, already drinking. After a while, we were joined by Wumbeevil and a while after SPINY, which meant that more beverages were consumed. Another half hour or hour later (i forget, I had after all had some drinks) EV and Mrs V showed up, and we decided to wait for the arrival if the Italics (Mark and Peta). They showed up at about 2:30 pm (wild guess) and they decided to sit dow and have a drink as well. At 3:10pm (pretty certain of that) DD and FC joined us, and we decided that it was probably too late to go to the GSC, since it closes at 6pm.
nstead, we decided to go to the Clockwork Beer Co. in mount Florida, mostly ecause Mrs V said they had a beer menu. We migrated there, and stayed until about 10:30pm (even though Ardzil dropped out earlier, and FC, DD and SPINY left at about 9:30). At 10:30 the remaining group of people (Mark, Peta, Jamie, EV, Mrs V and myself) went back into the city to check out a groovy pub that Peta knew of, just off Hope Street, but once we arrived there, we decided to skip it and retired to Ha! Ha! for one final beer. EV and Mrs V lefter shortly after to catch the last train back to Falkirk and at 11.30pm the bar staff kindly asked us to finish our drinks and leave the premises as they were closing up, and so we parted and promised each other that we would meet again and all taht other stuff that you tel people when everyone agrees that the night has come to an end.

Is that a good enough report of ur activities, or did you want to hear about the waitress at Bonaparte's that spilled a bottle of Smirnoff Ice all over herself at our table as she tried to wipe it off a bit, and then accidentally nicked Wumbeevil's lighter. And the bar staff at the Clockwork Beer Co. that misunderstood Jamie's recuest for a Smirnoff Ice, and instead gave him a Smirnoff WITH ice.
smiley - smileysmiley - cheers


Location

Post 49

Munchkin

Dang, another fine night missed!! Its nice to see the traditional failure to do anything useful before starting drinking continues to hold true. It marks the Scottish Meets out as being special smiley - winkeye
I'll have to make sure I can get up to the next one.


Location

Post 50

Jamie

The best laid plans of mice and men go aft agley. My best laid plans foul up much more often... ah well. At least we all managed to (eventually) meet up, which I count as a major triumph in itselfsmiley - smiley

And I could still stand, walk and speak (maybe not coherently) at the end of the night. I think.

*waits nervously for photos*


Location

Post 51

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Did somebody mention photos? smiley - biggrin


Location

Post 52

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Why?

You erm...got some?

smiley - yuk


Location

Post 53

Jamie

Good lord, I appear to be mostly vertical in all the pics I'm in. Who would have thought itsmiley - smiley Now that's willpower...

One thing that has occurred to me, there isn't a scottish researchers group page at present. Setting one up might make organising future meetups a bit easier. I'll put up something if people are interested.


Location

Post 54

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

*looks interested*


Location

Post 55

Jamie

Made a brief start at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A599376


Location

Post 56

Demon Drawer

Also a brief report of our activities to be ammended by LiS's insightful additions following mine, FC and Spiny's departure will go up shortly. smiley - smiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A599204


Key: Complain about this post