A Conversation for Corneal Transplant (or Graft)

An Eye for an Eye

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

*my eyes are watering...*

Yeah, this is a difficult one to make 'objective' and 'third personny'. But it's interesting and valuable info!
Part and partial of the 'subjective' problem are references to the health care system of your location. Obviously, standards of health care, waiting times, costs, etc will vary from one country to another.
You should either identify the location (in a third person way) or expand your research to compare various countries. Or.. refrain from discussing the health care system and the waiting stuff (which will be different everywhere I expect - unheard of in third world countries where people still go blind from styes) and just stick to the medical procedure - from diagnosis through to the post operative and maybe add a little more operating room ambience.. like the effect of the general anasthetic, the good looking nurses, or how good hospital food can taste when you're really hungry and got the munchies after coming down from drugs..
peace
~jwf~


An Eye for an Eye

Post 2

Babel o' fish...back to earning a crust!

Thank you, jwf. You have raised some good points. I have drafted an updated version in the third person but don't have time right now to polish it up(?!). I'm not too sure whether it reads that well.
Your points about differing standards of healthcare in our hospitals (to say nothing of the food & nurses...) and those in other countries are well made and are worthy of an entry on their own merit.
For me to go down that road would be to open up a can of worms because it would be entering a socio/political arena and that would lead to one long rant from yours truly.
I would rather stick to the topic and not deviate from it too much.
Feel free to rip that argument to shreds! Not to mention critising also the "new" version.
Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to comment.


An Eye for an Eye

Post 3

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

As this thread seems to be fairly private ..well less public forum ..I have to admit the latest 'tagline' to your name has been runnin' round me head. I can hear the tune (almost) but I can't place it. And this is a bit worrying ..because the line is profoundly beautiful and was once a deeply loved favourite. Every time I think I've 'got it' it drifts off into:

"Maybe it's the clour of the sun, cut flat,
uncovering the cross roads I'm standing at
or maybe it's the weather or summat like that
but baby you been on my mind."

As for ripping your argument ..well never! I agree it is better to avoid the confusing national differences altogether and keep the eye piece focussed on the cause, diagnosis, remedial procedures and prognosis.
peace
jwf


An Eye for an Eye

Post 4

Babel o' fish...back to earning a crust!

The latest tagline follows from the previous two (changed each one after 24 hours).
The first:
"There's beauty in that silver singing river".

The second:
"There's beauty in that rainbow in the sky".

And to the current tagline...

The next verse goes:
"If only I was laying by her. If I could only hear her heart a-softly pounding, then I'd lie in my bed once again."
But I don't think I'll be using one!!!smiley - smiley

It's from a song called Tomorrow is a Long Time.


An Eye for an Eye

Post 5

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Yes..its coming back to me ..lost in the mists ..and for some reason is has never been covered by others or ever included in a 'best of' or a 're-mix' CD ..haven't actually heard it for years ..what album is it on?
jwf


An Eye for an Eye

Post 6

Babel o' fish...back to earning a crust!

Btw the smiley - smiley in the last post of mine should have beensmiley - sadface.
Tomorrow is a Long Tme? I've only ever heard it on vinyl. Think it's on More Greatest Hits.


An Eye for an Eye

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

*smiley - ale*
..ftomorrow wussensuchalong time...
*etc*


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Corneal Transplant (or Graft)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more